Chapter 119 - Death of the Birthday Star - Part 2

Before Li Wei Yang opened her mouth to speak, a beautiful lady walked over with a face filled with smiles: "Wei Yang, how did you end up here? I've been looking for you for a while!" With a warm and loving expression, it seemed like she was a senior who took great care of her juniors. But she was only a few years older than Li Wei Yang so her words carried a bit of discomfort - she was the Li family's new furen, Jiang Yue Lan. She usually likes to wear plain colored clothings but today she was the complete opposite. She dressed herself in a bright red dress with flowers and birds embroidered onto it. As she walked over, the front of her dress rippled, her face emitting a blissful expression.

Sun Yan Jun hurriedly greeted: "Li Furen."

Jiang Yue Lan lightly smiled: "Sun Xiaojie, no need to act like a stranger. I came to invite Wei Yang to see her maternal grandmother, do you want to join us?"

Sun Yan Jun hasn't married into the family yet so she isn't a member of the Li family. Since Jiang Yue Lan used the words "maternal grandmother", it wouldn't be proper for her to follow along. But, under public scrutiny, the Duke's Furen wouldn't go too overboard, Sun Yan Jun thought. She glanced at Li Wei Yang and surprisingly saw her smiling and nodding that she put her mind at rest as she watched both of them leave.

As they circled the garden and turned towards the inner courtyard, she noticed a white marble panel that revealed grandiosity. In front of it were bouquets of flowers and silks on a huge meadow field. They've reached a small pavilion enclosed by beaded curtains with scented aroma lingering out in the air. Once Li Wei Yang walked to the entrance, she heard laughter within.

Jiang Yue Lan smiled: "This is the tea room where the Duke's Furen receives her friends and family."

The parlor outside was much bigger and noisier. It was exceptionally quiet here. Li Wei Yang frowned and asked: "Is Lao Furen inside?"

Jiang Yue Lan smiled: "Yes, Lao Furen, your Eldest Sister and Fourth Mei, they are all inside."

The serving maid opened the beaded curtains and Li Wei Yang saw how lively the entire place was. Everyone was clustering around the Duke furen who sat in the master seat. She was dressed in her usual household clothes with her hair loosely worn in a bun held up by a jade hair comb. Her demeanor showed extravagance and arrogance. And by her side was an eighteen, nineteen years old youngster who sat properly next to the Duke furen. Although he was seated, she could tell he had a rather tall body stature and he wore a jade green long dress, making him stand out in the crowd.

Li Wei Yang raised her brows and noticed the youngster lifted his head. Even though she had seen many handsome men before, she was still taken aback. The man's face was a blossoming lotus white with a red mole between his brows. His eyes emitted wisdom and hope. If she recalled correctly from her previous life memories, this person is ------

The Duke furen was just laughing with Li Chang Le. Her laughter was filled with power and didn't show any evidence of her illness. Following the sound of new arrivals, she lifted her head and saw Jiang Yue Lan leading Li Wei Yang in, she smilingly said: "You both have arrived at the right time." She turned to the man by her side and said: "Hua-er, do you still remember your Maternal Grand Aunt and Wei Yang meimei?"

Frankly speaking, Jiang Hua had been accompanying Duke Jiang out in the military for years so how could he recognize Jiang Yue Lan, who rarely stepped out of the household? And let's not mention Li Wei Yang who was raised in the countryside, it was impossible that they've seen each other before. But Jiang Hua gave a slight smile and generously greeted them. He was still young but his demeanor showed his experience and maturity: "Greetings to Maternal Grand Aunt and Third Cousin." It was as if he knew all of them.