Chapter 169 - Eternal Disaster - Part 1

Just when the supervisor army was in a stalemate with Tuoba Zhen, a man suddenly rushed into the military camp at full speed: "His Majesty has ordered the third prince to return to the capital immediately for the funeral!"

Return for a funeral? Tuoba Zhen's brows suddenly relaxed, but Supervisor Liu's expression became ugly. What's going on? According to the previous communication, it was the Third Prince who gathered people to rebel. They were responsible for capturing him and executing him on the spot. Why did the Emperor suddenly issue an imperial edict?!

Tuoba Zhen smiled slightly and said to the eunuch who announced the decree: "The military affairs here——"

The eunuch who declared the order said: "His Majesty has appointed another suitable person to serve as the commander-in-chief. Your Highness does not need to worry."

Tuoba Zhen knelt down, kowtowed in the direction of the capital, and said sincerely: "Father is wise." His expression was so serious that Supervisor Liu wanted to cut off his head with a sword to relieve his hatred.

Li Wei Yang stood not far away, looking at this scene, smiling softly like a faint cloud shadow, and said: "In just one night, His Majesty changed his mind. I really underestimated Tuoba Zhen. "

Zhao Yue couldn't believe it: "Now that we've reached this point, how can Tuoba Zhen escape his crime?"

Li Wei Yang sneered: "Then we can only find out if we return to the capital first." She turned around, but then looked back in the direction of Tuoba Zhen, and the smile on her face turned cold. Tuoba Zhen, you really can't be underestimated. Every time you are forced to a dead end, you are able to survive. But this time, how can you get rid of the charge of treason?

Li Wei Yang returned to the capital and found that the situation had changed overnight. Originally, sixteen ministers submitted a petition against Tuoba Zhen, saying that under the guise of leading troops to the border, he secretly intended to usurp the throne. However, for some unknown reason, Imperial Censor Liang, who had always been highly respected, suddenly wrote a letter to plead grievances for Tuoba Zhen and knelt in front of the Emperor's palace all night, saying that Tuoba Zhen had been framed by a traitor. At the same time he listed Tuoba Yu's  faults, along with the contracts that Tuoba Yu had given many of the court's important officials throughout the year to purchase land in various places and the list of feudal officials he bought with money. The account book was full of names. There were hundreds of people, and the details were as to how much each person was bribed, when, where and who handled it, etc... When this memorial was handed in, the Emperor was furious and the whole court was in an uproar.

"Wei Yang, the Third Prince has left a backup plan for himself." In the study room of the Li family, Li Xiaoran sighed and said.

Li Wei Yang sighed softly. A meal must be eaten one bite at a time, and a road must be walked step by step. Tuoba Zhen spent ten years to bribe the courtiers, but Tuoba Yu wanted to do it in one go. No matter how careful he was, there will be some clues left. But she didn't expect that Tuoba Zhen could collect these clues one by one and hide them until today, just waiting to take them out at the critical moment and give Tuoba Yu a fatal blow.

First, the Empress Dowager was poisoned, then the Emperor was assassinated, and then Sun Chongyao led the imperial army to attack the palace gate. However, Tuoba Yu appeared coincidentally, like a savior, rescuing the Emperor and everyone in the palace, and suddenly won the court. Is it really a coincidence that the support of the vast majority of ministers and the support of the people are so great? Originally, the Emperor was too furious so it would take some time for him to remember this truth. By that time, Tuoba Zhen would have already been executed. However, Imperial Censor Liang's memorial reminded the Emperor at once and saved Tuoba Zhen's life.