Chapter 156 - Who is the Murderer? - Part 1

When Li Minde woke up the next day, he felt pain all over his body, but his energy was much better than the previous day. He frowned and asked, "Who ordered you to come in?"

The maids looked at each other, not daring to say a word.

He glanced at the concoction on the table with a confused expression, and then asked softly: "Who was here yesterday?"

The maids were trembling: "No one came yesterday." With the third lady's temper, if she said no one came, it means no one came.

Li Minde looked around, his expression gradually changed from doubtful to a little gloomy. He thought... the wound cracked that day, but he didn't take it to heart. Who knew that yesterday, it became even more severe, and he couldn't even stand straight. Even he himself was stunned and couldn't remember what happened. Then he stood up and touched the wound. It seemed that he still felt a little uncomfortable, but it was definitely not as painful as yesterday.

He sighed and said, "I had a good dream."

The maids looked at each other and knew that the young master was not talking to them, so they lowered their heads and remained silent.

Yesterday, Li Min De was in a half-dead state and was in excruciating pain. It was natural for him to not remember anything, but he felt that something was wrong and that something was missing.

What exactly is it?

Li Minde suddenly turned around and asked one of the maids: "I clearly ordered no one to come in last night. Who let the doctor in?"

The maids were scared to death and hesitated: "Yes...it's Guard Zhao."

Li Minde observed her expression, and thought seriously for a long time. The maid thought that he would expose her lies. After all, there was no way to hide the cold sweat on her forehead and the stuttering when speaking. Then Li Minde smiled.

"Hurry and prepare breakfast. I'm hungry." Li Minde stood up, looking energetic. He knew that that person must have been here. Although she tried her best to hide her concern for him, he knew everything! She is such a person, the more she cares in her heart, the more she pretends not to care on the surface!

The maid quickly retreated as if they had received amnesty.

Li Wei Yang went to Hexiangyuan Courtyard early in the morning to pay her respects and met Sun Yanjun and Li Minkang, the second young master of the Li family. When the two of them came out, Li Minkang greeted Li Wei Yang and left first. Sun Yanjun stared at his back and stood still for a long time. It wasn't until Li Wei Yang, who was watching her, couldn't help but laugh that Sun Yanjun snapped out of her trance.

"Why are you laughing?" Sun Yanjun turned back with a smile and looked at Li Wei Yang.

Li Wei Yang smiled and said: "It's nothing, just keep watching. However, second brother (t/n: although Wei Yang refers to him as brother, Li Minkang is actually her cousin. It's customary for direct cousins to refer to each other as 'brother' or 'sister'.) has already gone far."

Sun Yanjun's reaction was slow for a long time. Her face revealed a bit of confusion, but soon she became somewhat embarrassed. "I'm just-"

"It's just that you can't bear to leave your husband. People say that one day is like three autumns apart. You two can't bear not seeing each other for two hours." Li Wei Yang squinted her long eyes and smiled, revealing a row of white teeth.

Sun Yanjun's face was on fire. She walked up to pinch her and said, "You always bully me with that sharp tongue! Let's go."

Li Wei Yang asked strangely: "Where to go?"