Chapter 161 - Adding Disaster to Disaster - Part 1

Consort Rou was stunned when she saw this situation, and the maids and eunuchs behind her all had pale faces.

Consort Rou reacted and shouted loudly to the maid next to her: "Go and invite His Majesty to come here!" Then, she pointed at the guard and said sternly, "Detain him!"

The palace maids and eunuchs immediately took action and grabbed the guard. Consort Rou glanced at the incense burner and looked away with a vague expression. The palace maids rushed over and hurriedly put on Princess Anguo's clothes. However, Princess Anguo was still unconscious, with no sign of waking up at all.

After the Emperor got the news, he hurried over. When he saw the scene in the palace and listened to Consort Rou's explanation of the situation, he felt a basin of cold water pouring down from his head. His heart felt cold. He asked slowly: "Where is the Third Prince?"

The eunuch was dripping with cold sweat and said: "His Highness the Third Prince is mourning outside with the others."

The Emperor's face was as cold as frost, and he said: "He can't even take care of his own wife! Such an immoral thing happened and he still stays to mourn?! Tell him to get here immediately!"

Consort Rou was on the side, as if she was also frightened, but she said slowly: "Your Majesty, don't be too upset, lest you hurt your body."

The Emperor glanced at her, his eyes softened, and he said: "My sons are not careful at all. They actually caused such troubles one after another." Then he turned to the eunuch beside him and said coldly: "Hurry up and send the order to imprison all the maids, eunuchs, and guards serving in this palace."

Outside, the maid sent by Consort Rou found Tuoba Zhen and reported: "Your Highness, Consort Rou invited you over."

Tuoba Zhen frowned and said, "How could I possibly walk away in such an occasion!"

The palace maid revealed a troubled expression and Tuoba Zhen asked: "Is there anything important?"

Logically speaking, Consort Rou would naturally have to stay to mourn, but she was not feeling well. Consort Rou asked the Emperor for permission to return to the palace to rest, but she said she wanted to visit Princess Anguo and left first. However, at this moment, they had suddenly come to ask for Tuoba Zhen. Anyone with a discerning eye could tell that this had something to do with Princess Anguo.

Tuoba Zhen's first thought was that Princess Anguo was making trouble unreasonably again, because this was really not the first time. Normally, he could tolerate Anguo's behavior, but now he was not prepared to indulge her anymore.

However, the palace maid was very insistent and said softly: "Your Highness, the situation this time is really different from usual. Consort Rou has said that you must go there in person!"

Tuoba Zhen thought about Anguo's face with boredom and said, "Okay, I'll be there right away. Please ask Consort Rou to wait a moment." What could be wrong with Anguo, other than pretending to be sick and tricking him into going there? Tuoba Zhen was certain, because Anguo had used this trick countless times, and it turned off his appetite.

A woman didn't need to be smart, but to be so stupid is really disgusting!

When Tuoba Zhen arrived, he saw that the guard's face was deathly pale and he was tied up to the side, while Princess Anguo was wearing clothes that were slightly messy, but her eyes were closed tightly and she was unconscious. With his intelligence, he immediately understood something. He felt smoke coming from his orifices and was extremely angry. He staggered and was about to fall, but was supported by a eunuch. The Emperor said angrily: "Tuoba Zhen, look at what your wife has done!"

Tuoba Zhen was so angry that he wanted to stike down Princess Anguo with his sword. But he is a very smart man after all. It was currently the mourning period for the Empress. No matter how shameless Anguo is, she would not choose today to do such a disgusting thing. Someone must have framed her. However, she fell into the trap obediently! And she was caught red-handed! He thought she had some brains, but he didn't expect her to be so careless! Moreover, the Emperor actually found out - Tuoba Zhen's eyes flashed, but he didn't dare to speak and remained silent. The Emperor said angrily: "What, can't you hear what I just said?"