Chapter 145 - Secret Exposed - Part 2

Tuoba Zhen smiled and replied: "Yes, Leng Youlian. How could there be such a coincidence! Don't you find it strange brother? Moreover, these two women with the same name and surname were actually a pair of master and servant."

The Crown Prince stared at the woman in confusion: "How is this possible..."

Tuoba Zhen's voice was icy: "This is related to a very big secret."

The Crown Prince looked confused. He didn't understand. Servants were generally not allowed to answer the names of their master. It was a taboo. How could they possibly have the same name? But even if they do, what does all this have to do with the Murong Family mentioned earlier.

T/n The Crown Prince is still laboring under the misunderstanding that this girl is a servant of Consort Lian and that she is here to request a favour from him.

This confused expression told Tuoba Zhen that the Crown Prince hadnt understood him. He couldn't help but burst it out plainly: "She is the real Leng Youlian. The Consort Lian in the palace is actually princess Murong Xin, from Heze. The last remnant of the Murong Royal Family."

The Crown Prince's face turned pale. He could hardly believe his ears. His lips trembled and he sternly rebuked: "That's nonsense! There must be a limit to spreading rumors."

"The real Leng Youlian is here. Crown prince might as well ask her clearly." Tuoba Zhen said calmly:

The Crown Prince peered closer at the person.

The woman was naturally very nervous, but at Tuoba Zhen's signal, she began to talk.

She stuttered nervously but her testimony was clear. She was the real Leng Youlian.

She was originally from a town at the border of Dali. She followed her businessman father to Heze and stayed in Heze from then on. Her parents were still alive at that time, but the status of a merchant was too low, so the family saved up a lot of gold and silver in order to send her to the palace as a maid. The hope was that in the future, she would marry and become a noble thus breaking away from her merchant status.

Later, she was assigned to be a palace maid next to Princess Murong Xin. Murong Xin was considered a beauty since childhood.

She was the famous fourth princess of Heze. Of course, Leng Youlian was inclined to serve her wholeheartedly.

Leng Youlian was smart, savvy and not talkative. She naturally became one of Murong Xin's favorite maid.

If Heze hadn't been destroyed, eventually, Leng Youlian would have either been married along with the princess, or been given to a general by the princess, officially breaking away from her humble status as a merchant girl.

However, Heze was destroyed.

She was separated from the princess.

But she was not someone special after all. Her status was humble so the Dali army did not pay special attention to her.

Eventually, she was caught by Peng Gang, a young general in the Dali army.

He wanted to take her for himself. But she felt dissatisfied and was reluctant to go with him.

But soon, she heard that everyone in the Murong royal family had been executed.

Breaking into a cold sweat, she realized how narrowly she had escaped death. At that time, she thought that she was the only one who survived.

Later, Tuoba Zhen found her and then she realized that the princess was also alive...

"This common girl is the real Leng Youlian, and the concubine in the palace is Princess Murong Xin. She faked my name and identity and entered the palace... because she knew that I was from Dali and had been away from my hometown for many years. No one could check my identity.