Chapter 166 - The Cry of Wind and Cranes - Part 1

The Emperor's expression changed for a moment, as if he was shocked, but also as if he was expecting it.

Tuoba Yu stood tall and straight, with a face as cold as frost: "Third brother, do you think you are the only one who has such a wish? I have already expressed my concern to father and asked to lead the army to go on an expedition. Unfortunately, father refused. Do you know why? Not long after the earthquake, my father opened the treasury to provide disaster relief, and repairs were started in various places. The rebellion in the southwest is certainly important, but if we act rashly and launch a large-scale war, it will only empty the treasury and the people suffer. And if  southern Xinjiang and Mobei take advantage of the situation, the consequences will be far more serious than the disaster in the southwest. Third brother, do you think you are the only one who worries about the country and the people?"

Tuoba Yu's words immediately won the approval of everyone. Indeed, the rebel generals in the southwest are far away after all, and the harm is only to the southwest. If troops are sent out rashly, draining the treasury, and opportunities are seized by southern Xinjiang and Mobei, the people of Dali will only fall into a worse situation.

Tuoba Zhen looked at Tuoba Yu coldly and said, "Then what should we do according to seventh brother?"

Tuoba Yu stared at his brother with a pair of black jade-like eyes, and said coldly: "For the current time, we can only mobilize one hundred thousand troops from the south and the east, and raise enough military funds and food, and then select the appropriate generals go to the southwest."

Tuoba Zhen suddenly sneered and said: "This method will take at least three months. By the time the army reaches the southwest, the place will have already been destroyed! What's more, Guo Cheng is already ready to attack the central towns. All of this - are you just watching? Oh, I forgot, seventh brother has just been married, and he is busy appeasing his beloved wife and waiting for reward from imperial father, completely forgetting the pain that thousands of people are suffering! How can a prince of the country behave this way!"

"What do you mean? Your Highness, you've gone too far. How could you be so rude infront of His Majesty!" Before Tuoba Yu could speak again, King Chaoyang glanced at him, and the ministers of the Seventh Prince faction had already spoken to refute Tuoba Zhen.

One stone stirred up a thousand waves. This sentence was like a signal. Headed by the Minister of Civil Affairs, a group of ministers who had been gradually promoted by Tuoba Yu in recent months knelt in front of the Emperor one after another and denounced Tuoba Zhen for violating  house arrest. Not only this, he broke into the imperial palace without permission, and even behaved in a disrespectful manner, which was a heinous crime.

"He refuses to repent, and doesn't show any composure before the Emperor!" "In the past, he colluded with others to implicate the Crown Prince! Everything the Crown Prince did was related to the Third Prince!" "When the Crown Prince lost power, the Third Prince immediately turned against him, and even abandoned him regardless of brotherhood. Regardless of—" "You know that the national treasury is empty but you still send troops rashly, this is obviously putting all the people at risk!" "Indulging your subordinates to be arrogant and have many conflicts with civilians, causing harm to the country and the people—" In this way, the true and false accusations come one after another. At this moment, the sycophants that originally gathered in front of Tuoba Zhen to please him all turned into enemies who righteously scolded him.

These people rushed to denounce Tuoba Zhen, and their purpose was just to please Tuoba Yu, who was currently flourishing! Li Wei Yang frowned. Her eyes fell on Li Xiaoran not far away, and she saw him gently shaking his head, obviously very disapproving. Li Wei Yang knew in her heart that these ministers were too anxious, and it was really unwise to show such emotions in front of the Emperor!