Past:2- Edge of Death

*********

Jungkook and Minho drove to the party. Jungkook liked the party. He met so many people. They were so kind and intelligent. He wanted to be like them when he grew up. Minho's approach to the businessmen made him more fan of Minho. He loved how Minho was handling everything. He wanted to be like Minho.

After the party, they both again rode the car. Minho asked, seeing Jungkook's overjoyed face, "Liked it?" Jungkook fleshed his bunny teeth while nodding. Then Minho parked the car near a park. They came out and sat on a bench.

After a moment of silence, Minho asked, "Kook, who do you prefer? Omega or Beta?" Jungkook's ear became red instantly. He was very shy to answer. With hesitation, he replied, "O-omega perhaps?! Maybe umm... You know, T-trueblooded Omega." Jungkook bit his lips in shyness. But his shyness turned into confusion when he looked at Minho.

A loathing expression spread through his face. Then he stayed silent, looking at the sky. So did Jungkook. He flinched when Minho spoke, "Don't do it." "What?" Jungkook asked.

To change the topic, Minho asked, "What is the difference between Alphas and Omegas?"

Jungkook thought for some time then answered, "An Alpha has a big body and Omega has a thin figure. An alpha's scent isn't sweet, but omega's are. Then... umm... Oh! They can conceive babies, and Alphas can't."

Jungkook was proud of himself, and he answered so many differences. Minho scoffed silently.

"Is that all you know?"

Jungkook nodded his head. Minho then let a big sigh, "Kook. These aren't the main differences. The main thing is that Alphas are dominant over them. They are nothing in front of an alpha. Mate thing could never make an Alpha weak, but the Omega can be. So, Alphas should always maintain their dominance over any rank. If they don't, others will think you are a cheap version of an Alpha."

"Are they really weak?" Jungkook asked in curiosity. Minho nodded. He thought for some time, then again asked, "What about true-blooded omega hyung?"

Wrong person to ask.

Minho's eyes become red instantly. He scoffed, "They are the most beautiful curse of the Moon Goddess. Their beauty attracts any rank towards them. They make others go insane over them. People become blind to them. They are the rank that can tame any rank, even a Trueblooded Alpha."

"Wow." Jungkook forgot everything when he heard the last sentence. Minho was astonishing. Didn't Jungkook hear him?!

"They are really strong, hyung. Oh! Then Noona can also tame you?! Wow, she can kill me, too. Great! Then I truly want a Trueblooded Omega for me." Jungkook said with glittering eyes. He was overjoyed.

Minho knitted his brow and said, "Don't like Trueblooded Omega. You can like Omega but not Trueblooded." Jungkook's small mind became a haze. His nonna is Trueblooded, so why was he saying that? So he asked, "Why hyung?"

Minho: You know, the scientists were able to eradicate the fact, Fated Mate.

Jungkook nodded.

Minho: They were able to change everyone's genes except one. Trueblooded Omega's. They are the only species that can recognize their mate even without mating and can make their mate identify them also. Eventually, They can never stay away from their fated mate. They'll return to them one day for sure. So it'll be miserable if you're not their mate. Luck doesn't favour all. They won't be able to love you, they'll leave you, and finally, your Alpha will die in grief.