Chapter 16

I woke up exhausted

I woke up exhausted. I was shambling to the closet to get out a clean uniform while Daisy was already doing her hair.

"Here, take this" she said while throwing something at me. Only in the last second I caught the chocolate bar.
I looked up at Daisy who was smiling at me from her bed.
"I took this at dinner last night because I'm so hungry in the morning, but you should have it" she explained.

I instantly wanted to give it back to her.
"No, you should take it. It's yours" I said while pushing it back to her.
She didn't want to take it back though.

"No, I want you to have it" she said shielding her body from the bar.
I already wanted to put it on her bed next to her but she jumped up and said "No, I won't eat it" before going to the window to demonstrate that she wouldn't touch it.

"Okay, you eat half, I eat half. Fine?" I asked. She nodded happily while taking the bar from my hands and breaking it in two.
She gave me the second half to eat while swallowing her half whole.
While I was eating she made her bed and sat back down.

"Great, you looked like you needed it" she said provocatively.

"Yeah yeah, thank you... Anywho thanks for the chocolate" I replied.
We moved out of the room to start our tasks.

Too late I realized that I forgot the laundry at the basement yesterday.
I hastily jogged down the stairs so I could at least put them on the cloth line to dry now.
When I arrived in the laundry room I caught sight of a very angry Lady Thatcher.
"Beaufort!" I heard an angry yell. "Your laundry is all wrinkled and wet!" she yelled through the whole room while picking up a crinkled dress shirt from my laundry hamper. I was embarrassed to say the least.

I quickly came over to take my laundry from her hands.
"Yes, I'm sorry, Ma'am" I replied stiffly. Maybe this was the point where I was going to be sent home.
"How could you forget something like that? You have like five tasks and still can't do anything right!" she yelled into my face. In the same volume she used across the room. I felt like my ears were blown away and had to stop my hands from wiping her spit from my face.
The words hurt like no others even though I didn't even like the old lady.

"Sorry, it won't happen again" I said quietly.
"Yes, it better, this is your last warning" she said like this had been my hundredth warning before stomping away.

Her angry and hateful eyes remained branded into my mind while I trotted up the stairs.
When I got upstairs I unlocked a random room that seemed empty as I wasn't in the mood for socializing.

I stared outside for a second. It was raining heavily which seemed to match my mood.
Only too late I realized that I hadn't only forgotten yesterday's laundry but I had also forgotten to take the laundry from the day before inside.
It was still hung outside on the cloth line where it was getting another wash.

And coincidentally and unfortunately this affected Sir Ashdracon's clothes. I quickly ran to his room. After unlocking it I ran outside on the balcony to get his clothes back inside.
I was ripping the dripping clothing from the cloth line as fast as I could even though it was already too late.