"Goodnight...mommy"

Catalina's POV

The cell was dark, damp, and reeked of mold, there was also the lingering scent of blood. This whole place reeked something terrible, it seemed that this place was used to hold unwilling victims. There were scratch marks on the floors and walls, the mattress that laid on the floor was torn to shreds and I could tell that the bars that blocked the only way out of this cell was made of silver. I shook my head slightly as I glanced around before realizing that the crys I had heard earlier were coming from right beside me, a small child clung to my side sobbing.

               "Mommy wake up, please mommy don't leave me." The little white-haired boy sobbed with his face buried into my fur, what was a child this young doing here? In a place like this, let alone in this cell? But the bigger question was why this kid was calling me his mommy? A strange feeling buzzed within my body, there was more to this than just what I thought. Slowly I moved turning my body so that I could get a closer look at the boy, feeling me move he pulled back slightly his eyes wided. "Mommy!"

Being in my wolf form I could not tell this boy that I was not his mother, though I didn't think that would be a very wise thing to do at the moment anyways. I was never one to hurt a child and telling him I wasn't his mother might just break his little heart. My ears perked up as I heard a door swing open with a loud creak, two men walked inside both had sinister smiles on their faces. One of the men took a key from their pocket before opening the cell door as the other stepped inside, the boy clung to me shaking. I was on my feet backing us it a corner with the boy shielded by my body, I could tell it wasn't me they wanted.. They wanted the boy though I didn't know for what reason they'd keep such a young boy for but there was no way I was going to let them do as they please while I had any say.

The man's smile never left his face as he came further into the cell, a low growl left my throat as my head lowered and my teeth bared. This man was making a very big mistake underestimating me, when he was just a few feet from me he tried to reach for something in his back pocket causing the boy to whimper. I lunged at the man using my full weight pushing him down as my fangs buried themselves in his shoulder, as he fell my claws dug and tore into the soft flesh of his chest. Crushing his rips as we landed with a thud, blood pooled around him as I pulled away my eyes locking with the man who now locked the cell door. I growled again as I stalked around the front of the cell gate, I was daring anyone else to enter this place. The boy had quieted down but didn't leave his spot from the corner, it was hard to know what he was thinking at that moment. The man that had locked the door raced out of the room, I assumed to tell whoever was in charge what had just happened. My body was sore and aching but there was no way I could let it show, because of I did it'd be over and all hope would be gone.

               "Oh thank the moon goddess that your finally awake, do you how long I've had to maintain the connection? I was about to lose hold when you decided to grace us with you presence." Lily stated sarcastically as she paced in my mind, she acted like I was out of it for days when it was only a few hours... "it hasn't been just a couple hours Cat, you've been asleep for twelve days. We've been trapped here for twelve days Catalina, and whatever they shot us with is preventing me from communicating with the rest of the pack. I can sense them out there searching for us but no matter how hard I try I can't reach them, and that's not even the worst part. These people, Catalina, these people have dabbled with dark magic. That's why everytime that figure showed up only we could see it, and it always looked like it was made of shadows. These whole place reeks of that dark scent, everyone person in this place has the influence of dark magic intertwined with their very essence. I don't sense any of the moon goddesses holy presence here. So Catalina we need to get out of here as soon as possible, I don't know what they possibly want us for but it can't be good."