A Wounded Heart.

A/N Thanks for reading this far please drop a comment and tell me how I'm doing.

                     Shane's POV

I held back the whine as she pulled away from me as my beta, Kyle and a few pack warriors ran into the clearing. They were so focused on the surroundings that they hadn't noticed my mate. My eyes never left her, her body was shaking slightly be it from the cold or fear I didn't know. I watched as she realized.

            "Alpha....Your Alpha Shane Maverick Matthews??." She seemed shocked her eyes widened as she looked at me.

            "Call me Shane love, and yes that's me. Now you know my name and I still haven't heard yours darling."

I smiled as I watch her face turn red and she looked down at the ground for a moment before she began to speak. "Ca..."

But before she could finish I sensed and heard someone coming, the bursted through the bushes and scanned the area. It was Mrs.White Raymond's mom with her second oldest son Damon. Their eyes landed on what they had been looking for.

         "Catalina!!!" She ran to my mate and hugged her as if she knew her. "Why'd you run off, what would I tell your father if you got hurt or worse?"

My anger boiled as I seen Damon hugged her too, I growled as I took a step forward. I seen my mate shiver before looking at me.

            "What's going on, why's he growling at us?" I heard Mrs White asked in a hushed voice.

           "Shane's my mate auntie..." My mates sweet voice made me smile slightly, auntie? Oh my mate was Mrs Whites niece, and Damon was her... Damn I feel dumb...

Damon let Catalina, oh how beautiful a name for my mate, go before he turned to face me. He had a serious look on his face as he spoke. "Don't take her for granted, don't hurt her either. She's been through enough."

My anger rose, "I WOULD NEVER!!!" My body shook slightly as I fought to keep my wolf under control. I would never hurt my mate never. Before I knew it my mate was standing in front of me with her arms wrapped around me calming me down. I buried my nose into her hair inhaling her scent, my heart raced as I held her to me. My heart nearly stopped as I felt that the side of the shirt I gave her was wet, bring my hand up I seen the blood. I quickly lifted her into my arms and mind linked the people in the clearing as I took her to the pack house...

                          Kyle POV

I followed close behind Shane as he ran through the trees and bushes towards the pack house, with Catalina in his arms. Who would have guessed that his mate would be the girl that just showed up. I looked at her as I ran, the wound didn't seem to bad but just the sight or smell of the blood would send any mate into a nervous wreck and rush them to a doctor.

It took a matter of ten minutes to reach the pack house, two minutes for him to call the doctor, one minute to pull her shirt up reveal the teeth marks, and about thirty seconds to growl for everyone to leave the room. Everyone left in a hurry besides the doctor, who had just came through the door. I chuckled as I shook my head and headed out of the room before I got my head bit off...

                 Warning Mason POV

I smiled as I looked out the window at the pack training, this would help us get stronger but probably not strong enough to handle a large scale attack from the rogues. They've been getting brave, entering my territory, attacking my pack... I could tell this was only the beginning, but I had a plan... I very good plan to stop the rogues and force "her" back to me. It won't belong now, everything will fall into place soon. And everything will go back to how it was, but I'll make "her" time here hell just for leaving me.

            "Ha ha hahahahaha"

                      Catalina POV

I rolled my eyes as I sat on a table inside the pack house, Shane seemed to have gone off the deep end seeing the blood on his shirt...

               "Why didn't you tell me you were hurt so badly! I would have rushed you here sooner! How could you have been so reckless!" He was nearly yelling at me, yelling at me like I was a child and not a grown woman. I began to get mad, I pushed his hand away as I looked at him. His eyes widened slightly as he looked at me as if I slapped him.

             "I'm not a baby or a child you can talk down to, I definitely am not a weak pup that can't handle one little bite. This is nothing, this wound is far from the worst I've had. I can handle myself, I've been through a lot worse and survived. It's already starting to heal, now if you'll excuse me I need to retrieve my gown." I hopped off the table and walked straight past Shane, who's mouth was gapped opened slightly in shock.

I shook my head as I exited the room, I smiled when I seen aunt Maddy holding my dress and shoes. She grabbed my hand and lead me to an empty room to shower and change back into my dress. Plus she had to redo my hair and make-up because goddess knows I look a mess. The festival had only started and we didn't need anyone to panic or anything, so the best option is to return to the party like nothing happened. I sighed as I rinsed the mud and blood off my body, I smiled knowing who my mate was and that he wasn't disappointed in my appearance or actions made my wolf and I very happy. I also knew that Shane didn't mean anything by what he had said but I'm do letting people push me around, especially if that person's my mate. The one person whose suppose to treat me as an equal.

I sighed as my mind drifted to what happened before, I know it's only been nearly a month and a half since I left but my heart still ached slightly. But I left because I couldn't handle the torment anymore, it was the best decision for me. But sooner or later I'll have to tell Shane about everything. I stepped out of the shower and dried off before pulling the dress on and telling aunt Maddy I was done and ready. She smiled as she walked into the bathroom and redid my hair, she also redid my makeup before we headed back downstairs and out to the party...