Don't Breathe

'Mom?'

"Mommy?" The word came out at the same time I thought it, the boy that had been clinging to my side since I woke up in this damp cell spoke as he stepped closer to the bars. He looked between us and I could tell he felt nervous now, he had been so sure that I had been his mother up until this point but that really wasn't important to me right now. This kid was.... is my brother and that woman being forced over to the large bed was my mother... the mother I swore was dead, I had seen her die so how was she here now?

"Luka! Stay back away from the bars!" Her voice was just as I remembered it, her features were nearly the same too besides that age had made her even more beautiful. She didn't seem to recognize me but I guess that was to be expected, I had grown so much in the ten years we had been apart and my scent had changed due to recent events.

Luka listened to what mother had said and backed away from the bars, he moved further into the cell away from me. My blood boiled in my vains as my eyes stayed glued to the man who was trying to have his way with my mother, I now understood why West was so smug. He thought he had the upper hand by revealing that he had something I would care about, something that he had taken from my all those years ago. My lips parted showing my teeth as my whole body began to shake with rage...

"Let her go or I'll kill you!" My voice rang out in the all too quiet room, I stood inches from the bars. Blood rolled down from the open wounds that remained on my body, before the man even turned around a sheet draped over me like it had dropped from the ceiling.

Covering my body from view the man turned as he's lips curled into a smirk, he's hand still gripped mother's arm. Her eyes darted over to me again but this time they widened, I could tell she recognized me now. I didn't miss the tears that formed in her eyes and threatened to overflow, the man laughed at me wondering what I could actually do being in this cell while he was all the way on the other side of the room. His laughter only added fuel to the building fire of rage inside me, this man thought he could do as he pleased just like they had aways done. How many time has mother had to go through with something like this? Was Luka a product of these men's abuse towards mother? The more I thought about it the angrier I got, the less I thought about just getting out, and the more I wanted to slaughter every single man in this place. To think that we had been so wrong, to believe that our mother had died but her body had been there... I had seen it, we had buried it. It was another one of their tricks, to make us believe she was gone so that we wouldn't look for her. If they had known that I would turn out to be a white wolf, chosen too they would have taken me alongside mother.

As the man continued to laugh I took a step forward my hands gripped the cell door, so hard my knuckles turned white. My teeth grew sharper, longer, my nails shaped into claws that dug into my hands. This partial transformation showed that I was losing control or just losing patience, I pulled the door towards me, it clanked as the locking mechanism hit the frame holding the door shut. My hands burned from the silver that the door was made from, but it was tolerable. The man laughed louder as he watch me, thinking that my attempt at freedom was a waste of time. My mother, Alexus, stood watching me, she shook her head as if to tell me not to try this. I inhaled sharply as I tugged on the door again, the whole door shook against its hinges. I heard a creak and a slightly crack, I wasn't going to be trapped her any longer... I was going to be free, this wasnt going to be my life, and I was damn sure going to fuck up anyone who got in my way.

One last tug ripped the cell door off the hinges, electric sparks shot from one side of the metal frame to the other before I spun tossing the heavy door at the man. My mother dropped to the floor as the man released her to duck away from the in coming projectile, I rushed out shifting as I charged towards the man. The sheet that had covered me flying backwards, I was on the guy in seconds he's screams echoed and I knew it wasn't going to be long before other came. He claws at my sides as I dug my teeth into him, tearing and ripping his flesh until a threw his limp lifeless body away from me. The body slammed against the wall with a crack, the door to the other cell clicked and swung open. My mother first checking on Luka came to my side, there were so many questions I wanted to ask so many things I wanted to know but now wasn't the time for that.

"Catalina..." I tilted my head slightly at the voice mindlinking me, it should be impossible seeing as we were not in the same pack but there it was her voice in my head. I paused for a moment as I looked around and noticed two other white haired women, one had long hair that stopped just above her hips. The other had a short pixie cut type hair style, they both looked at me than at my mother than back at me.

"We need to get out of here," I looked over them, my mother, and Luka. They other two girls seemed in more shape to shift and run than my mother, plus Luka is still too young to have shifted yet. "I can carry you and Luka on my back, so we need to here before they out number us down here."

"If we're going than we need to get going, I dont want to be thrown back into that cell if thats alright with you two." An unfamiliar voice rang out in my mind but it didn't take me long to realize it was one of the girls that stood behind my mother. They watched me for a long moment before my mother lift my brother up and on my back, being careful not to hit any of the wounds that were still bleeding and healing. What I didn't expect was for a sheet to be draped over my back after mother climbed on.

"There's a trap at the entrance that if anyone try's to leave without permission they get silver powder dumped on them, this way it should keep most of the powder off and out of your wounds." Her voice carried the same as it use too, her concern for me was evident. "Oh these two are Fey and Gamma, they've been here about as long as I have..."

Her words trail off as we heard the sound of a door being thrown open and footsteps hurrying down the stairs towards us, Fey and Gamma shifted tearing through the thin gowns that they were given. Their wolves were nearly the same size as mine, I turned towards the staircase but before I could move Fey and Gamma moved taking out the first few men that descended the stairs. I could feel my mother's shaking hands grip my fur as I turned toward the stairs and took off up them, I didn't know what waited for us up these stairs but I did know it wasn't going to stop us from leaving. Fey was in front of me as we ascended the stairs, bursting through the door we stop only for a second. In the room sat at least ten men that stood when we coming bursting through the door.

"Go! Don't stop! If we stop now they'll catch us!" My voice rang out in the mindlink, this ability must be one of theirs or maybe it was something only The Moon Goddesses chosen can do. To be able to communicate with eachother without actually being in the same pack was a very convenient ability to have right now. "Don't worry about taking them all on just blaze a path, the more time we waste the more likely they'll call more reinforcements. The best course of action would be to find the exit and get the fuck as far away from this place as possible..."

My mind wondered for a split second, if we could make it to Shane... to father and my brothers... I shook my head what was important now was to get out of here and quickly, the longer I sit here thinking about other things the harder it's going to be to get all of us out of here. I felt my mom's hands tighten slightly before she leaned forward some pulling the sheet tighter around my body, she was trying to hide her presences. I wanted to ask, wanted to know... but this wasnt the time or the place, although I would need to know... to know if Luka... if Luka was the bastards son. Not that it would change the fact that he was indeed my brother or that I would treat him as such...

"Go straight through the doors at the other side of the room, you'll come to a corridor. Follow it until you get to a split path, one looks like it leads up while the other looks like it lead farther down. Take the one that looks like it lead farther down it'll lead to a large door, that's the door that leads outside but once you open that door the silver powder will be released." Mother's voice rang out in my head and I knew that the other girls heard her too, I pushed back my question as to how she knew that before rushing across to room and out the door. We followed her instructions as quickly as we could, I could sense that our captures weren't giving up so easily and were hot on our tails, forcing the large door open...

"Don't breathe!"