Chapter 77

*Unedited

1st June, 2024

Word Count: 4663

Author's Note:

👑I hate endings!

👑They are both sweet and sad.

👑They are perfect because everything is going fine in our character's lives but they are sad because it's an end.

👑Enjoy!

Third Person Pov:

Ajax walked through the long dark hallways of his mansion, around midnight. He had just come back from work which included a sniper hit.

Slowly opening his room's door, he found his life sleeping peacefully in their bed. As always, he straightforward came to her and gently placed a kiss on her lips so as not to disturb her sleep.

She had been tired and sleep deprived in the past few days. With the newly born baby and post partum stuff, Amelia had been struggling a little. Good thing, her husband and in laws were very supportive. Still, getting used to a baby waking you up in the middle of the night was tough.

Ajax quietly went in the closet to put his stuff away since his wife didn't like mess. He came back, wearing sweatpants and shirt when a faint baby voice was heard from the baby monitor which was set on the bedside table near Amelia.

He moved fast to turn it off before it could wake her up. He walked towards the new fourth door in their room which lead to their daughter's nursery.

Instant warmth rushed in his chest at the sight of his little princess, laying in her crib. A middle aged woman was trying to soothe her babbling. The woman was appointed as a babysitter for nightly hours so that the couple could've a good nights sleep. At first both Amelia and Ajax didn't agree to Candace's idea but when Ajax watched how it was affecting his Lia's health, he appointed a trustworthy and experienced nanny.

"Good evening sir!" The woman greeted on seeing him. She stepped aside for him to see his child.

Without acknowledging her greeting, he moved close to his princess. He picked her up, watching his baby fussing around.

"What's the matter? Why isn't she sleeping?" He asked. He knew Amelia must have slept only after making sure that little Ivery was asleep. So that little munchkin must have just woken up.

"I think s-she is hungry" The nanny replied looking down.

Ajax finally turned towards her with an angry glare making the poor woman tremble.

"Why are you giving her milk bottle?" He asked. Amelia had discovered that Ajax's anger easily peaked in the matter of his child. So she would avoid anything that could trigger him. But this poor nanny didn't know how to handle her boss.

"She has finished all the milk ma'm pumped. A-and now m-mam is sleeping and... I....- "

"Get lost!" Poor woman wasted no time in scurrying away from the main door of the nursery. She hadn't done any mistake, still she was sure that her king would kill her tonight if she would show her face again.

"Looks like my princess is a foodie" Ajax's voice took 360° turn.

The little baby stared at her dada and puffed her cheeks, making little fussy sounds.

"Okay! We'll get your tummy filled but mommy is asleep so you have to be quiet" He was talking to the baby as if it fully understood him.

He carried her in his arms in his dark bedroom where his wife was sleeping.