Chapter 70: Flickers of Rivalry

The moment the name Damien Thorn was mentioned, the group of people who had intended to stand up for Cindy immediately stopped in their tracks. Olivia observed this scene with a sense of satisfaction. It seemed her "dark knight" had quite a reputation! Even though they did not dare to approach, their tongues were still sharp: "Hah, Damien Thorn probably can't even protect himself! Didn't he cause Patricia Jackson's death? Do you think the Jackson family will just let him off?"

It was a casual remark, but Olivia quickly picked up on something—could someone be using this incident to incite the Jackson family against Damien for their own gain?

"The Jackson family is powerful. I doubt Damien Thorn will remain CEO for much longer! What do you think will happen when he falls from his high perch?"

"His enemies will tear him apart! Without that position, do you think he can survive?"

"By the way, I heard Thorn Group held a shareholders' meeting today. The former CEO himself said Damien Thorn only has three days! If he doesn't resolve the stock price issue in three days, they'll kick him out of the family!"

Olivia's heart tightened at these words. This was the first time she had clearly heard how Damien's father truly felt about him—so ruthless, right in front of all the shareholders! Olivia suddenly regretted collaborating with the Jackson family on a fake failed surgery plot. Damien had said he didn't care about rumours online, but surely he would care about his own father's attitude? Hearing such words from his father, would his heart not ache? No wonder he sounded tired when she called earlier to tell him she was introducing Jennifer to Quinn. He didn't even set a strict return time for her like he usually would. Was he feeling hurt, needing to be alone to heal? Thinking of this, Olivia wanted to rush back and check on Damien.

Meanwhile, the women in front of her continued their taunting: "Actually, Damien Thorn is so handsome, even if he's kicked out, he wouldn't have to worry! But you, Olivia, after being involved with him, Mr Nolan probably won't want you anymore!"

"My family needs a maid. If Miss Carlson doesn't mind, she could come work for us. I'm sure my father would pay you a good salary!"

"Oh, and Miss Pearson, weren't you going to work at the Medical Alliance's Empire City branch? If they need a cleaner there, you could help Olivia get a job!"

Hearing her own name mentioned, Emma Pearson held her glass with a professional smile: "I believe my cousin is capable of finding a job. There's no need for you all to worry."

However, Olivia caught the information in their words and looked up to ask, "Cousin, have you really been accepted by the Medical Alliance?"

Before Emma could respond, Sara eagerly jumped in, her face filled with envy: "Yes, Miss Pearson joined the Medical Alliance as a C-grade pharmacist and can sit for the B-grade exam at the end of the year! She's already been appointed as the team leader of a research group!"

"As a team leader, she can hire a personal assistant. Olivia, since you're Emma's cousin, you could pull some strings and get in, right?"

"Hah, do you think the Medical Alliance is just any organisation where anyone can get in? It's the pinnacle of the global medical field! In all of Empire City, there are only two people who have joined the Medical Alliance! Well, now three, including Emma!"

"You're studying jewellery design, and you think you can apply to the Medical Alliance? Do you even know how many organs the human body has?"

"I know you envy Emma, but you should have some self-awareness. Don't mistake ignorance for courage!"