October 1993

On October 8, Furious at Jenny Bradley's undiplomatic attempt to borrow money from her, Rita Sullivan writes her a cheque for £1,000 and tells her to leave the Street.

Three days later, After a three-and-a-half month gap when Brendan Scott owned the Corner Shop, Alf Roberts re-opens the establishment, getting drunk on the free wine and telling Rita Sullivan that he wishes he'd married her instead of Audrey.

Eight days later, Roly is killed after being knocked by a lorry when being taken out for a walk by Mandy Salter.

The next day, Amy Nelson leaves Andy McDonald and goes to Trinidad, supposedly for two weeks but in reality for good. Unfortunately, her dad does not want Amy to wed the white man. Kyle called Andy to stay away from Amy.

Another next day, Brad was listening to the Ramones as Misty became a genius.

Another next day, Hazel Broughton tells Kevin Webster that Sally and Joe Broughton are having an affair.

Four days later, Donald Hinton returns to the village for Annie Sugden and Leonard Kempinski's wedding.

Two days later, Annie Sugden and Leonard Kempinski marry. Donald Hinton marries them as the original vicar loses his voice. He leaves the village afterwards, as does Amos Brearly.