March 1998

On March 3, Vic Windsor attacks Chris Tate for getting his daughter pregnant.

Five days later, Jon Lindsay is arrested by the police when Deirdre Rachid tells them where they can find him. Kyle told Jon not to speak to Dierdre ever again.

The next day, Interviewed by the police, Jon Lindsay puts the blame for his fraud on Deirdre Rachid.

Three days later, Dee Pollard and Will Cairns kiss, despite the fact Dee is married to Eric Pollard. Jack Osborne and Jill Patrick marry. Tony Hutchinson discovers that his ex-girlfriend Tessie Thompson is pregnant.

The next day, Mike Baldwin and Ken Barlow fight in the Rovers over Deirdre Rachid's upcoming court case.

Two days later, Ken Barlow stops Deirdre Rachid fleeing the country to avoid facing her trial for fraud.

Another two days later, Rebecca Cairns begins an affair with Zoe Tate.

The next day, Babs Fanshawe, Ken Barlow's client when he is working as an escort, dies suddenly in the toilets at the Pleasure Garden restaurant, where they are dining. Marla was there at the bathroom as Babs was dead. Marla claims that Babs had vomited before having a heart attack.

Five days later, Deirdre Rachid and Jon Lindsay's trial for fraud begins.

The next day, Kelly Windsor falls down the stairs during a party at Home Farm after a confrontation with Kim Tate when she tries on one of Kim's dresses, and suffers a miscarriage.

Another next day, Des Barnes catches girlfriend Samantha Failsworth and Chris Collins in bed together.

Another next day, Kathy Glover's tea room cellar floods. Paddy Kirk tells Biff Fowler that Kelly Windsor's baby was his.

Three days later, In a shock verdict, Deirdre Rachid is found guilty of fraud and while Jon Lindsay receives a suspended sentence, she is sent to Redford Prison for eighteen months.

The next day, Deirdre Rachid spends her first night in prison with cellmate Jackie Dobbs.

Another next day, During an argument with her husband Tony, Becky Cairns reveals that she has been having an affair with Zoe Tate.