October 1998

On October 2, Roy Cropper throws a pint of beer over Mike Baldwin for calling Hayley Patterson a freak.

Three days later, Natalie Horrocks moves in with Des Barnes.

Another three days later, Kathy Glover comes out of her coma.

The next day, Anne Malone tries to set up Spider Nugent on a charge of criminal damage by spraying antifreeze on goods in the freezer storeroom at Freshco's but finds herself locked in the room for the night with no one there to come to her aid.

Two days later, The frozen, dead body of Anne Malone is discovered in the freezer stockroom at Freshco's.

The next day, A drunken Kevin Webster tells Mike Baldwin that Sally Webster and Greg Kelly have set up in business secretly and are poaching his customers.

Another next day, Mandy Richardson is revealed to be alive as she is found in a hospital in London by her boyfriend Sol Patrick and brother Lewis Richardson. Lewis is horrified to discover that his father has been sexually abusing Mandy.

Another next day, Linda Sykes starts work at Underworld.

Another next day, Butch and Mandy Dingle decide to marry. Rob Hawthorn gives Lucy Benson an overdose of heroin and attempts to throw her from the top of a multi-story car park. She is rescued by her brother, Kurt Benson.

Another next day, Rob Hawthorn is pushed off a boat and left to drown by Kurt Benson. Rob is presumed dead.

Two days later, To stop Mike Baldwin's bullying, Hayley Patterson tells everyone at Underworld that she's a transsexual.

Another two days later, The Woolpack is burned down by fireworks. Steve Marchant attempts to smother Kathy Glover with a pillow but is stopped just in time by his wife Kim.

The next day, Tony Horrocks returns to the Street for the first time in eighteen months for his mother, Natalie's hen night. Almost the first person he meets is Judy Mallett whose mother Joyce Smedley he ran over and killed when he was previously in the area. Steve Marchant is arrested on suspicion of theft.

Two days later, Des Barnes marries Natalie Horrocks.

Four days later, Robert Sugden punches Donna Windsor for bullying his foster brother Andy Hopwood.

The next day, At a night out in a club, Zoe Tattersall meets Ben Andrews and Ruth Morgan who unknown to her are recruiting new followers for their religious cult. Tillie Tilsley got sick of meningitis, and she survived it.