April 1999

On April 1, Roy Glover and Kelly Windsor's engagement party takes place. Sol Patrick and Jill Osborne are left seriously injured after Sol accidentally crashes his car through Store TwentyFour. New Deva owners Sue and Andy Morgan arrive in the village with their daughter Zara.  Frank Butcher and Peggy Mitchell get married.

Three days later, Progressive vicar Jessica Lundy agrees to marry Roy Cropper and transsexual Hayley Patterson.

Two days later, Paddy Kirk is told that his mother is very unwell.

Three days later, Leanne Tilsley has an abortion following pressure from husband Nick.

Another three days later, Lucy Benson's friend, Clare, takes an accidental heroin overdose. Lucy discovers Clare laying dead on her bed. Leanne Tilsley shocks Gail Platt by telling her that she didn't lose her baby, but that Nick paid for her to have an abortion.

Another three days later, Tony and Simon leave the Square to go travelling together.

Four days later, Hayley Patterson is touched when her friends lay on a surprise hen party for her, but Les Battersby is furious to find that Janice sold his record collection to pay for it and swears revenge. Sol Patrick is arrested after confessing to crashing into Store TwentyFour.

Two days later, Les Battersby sabotages the wedding of Roy Cropper and Hayley Patterson when he alerts the press to the fact that Hayley is a transsexual. Narvel punches Les and the police had arrested Les.

Another two days later, Roy Cropper and Hayley Patterson are married for the first time in a ceremony not recognized in law. Graham Clark and Rachel Hughes attend a drugs talk at the school. During the course of the evening, Graham plants cannabis in Rachel's handbag, leading to her arrest.

Another two days later, Alma Baldwin suspects she may have cancer.

The next day, Julia Stone blackmails Mike Baldwin for £10,000 for photographs of the two of them together.

Another next day, Alan Turner suffers a heart attack while trying a defuse an argument between Graham Clark and Angie Reynolds. Narvel was very estranged to Louise Raymond before she was leaving. Paige saw the prisoner named Jim Battersby, who is Les' cousin, and he was on death row for killing his friend's family in 1990. However, he was beating to death after talking to the warden.

Another next day, Market stall holder Danny Hargreaves steps in to help Sally Webster when a trader harasses her.