June-August 1997

On June 3, Frank Tate's funeral takes place. Randy adopts Peter Whiteley as Peter Tilsley.

Five days later, Deirdre Rachid moves into 17 Victoria Street.

The next day, Kurt Benson's trial for actual bodily harm and the attempted murder of Spike begins. Susi Harrison attempts to stab Lucy Benson with a climbing pick, but strikes Rob Hawthorn instead. After the incident, she goes missing.

Two days later, In the reading of Frank Tate's will, Chris is vehemently outraged when Kim is declared to have inherited the entirety of Home Farm.

The next day, Kurt Benson is found not guilty on the charges of actual bodily harm and the attempted murder of Spike.

Four days later, Courtney is christened.

Two days later, Jack and Vera Duckworth go into partnership with Alec Gilroy. Alec hands over £25,000 for a 50% share of the Rovers.

The next day, After Jude Cunningham exposes Jack Osborne and Dawn Cunningham's affair in 1991, Celia Osborne takes their son, Darren, and leaves for the United States.

Ten days later, Sally Webster confronts Kevin over his tryst with Natalie Horrocks, interrupting the pair while they are lovemaking. Natalie is annoyed when Kevin chases after Sally.

The next day, Sally Webster leaves Kevin after finding out about his tryst with Natalie Horrocks. She takes their daughters Rosie and Sophie before leaving to stay with her mother Elsie Seddon in Scarborough. Lorna Cartwright told Narvel about having fun.

On July 3, Andy Sugden meets his biological father.

The next day, The problem family, the Battersbys, move into No.5, now owned by the council.

Five days later, Sally Webster throws Kevin out after his tryst with Natalie Horrocks.

The next day,  Cindy Cunningham discovers that she is pregnant. Linda Fowler collapses and suffers a miscarriage.

Four days later, Driven to despair by the Battersbys' loud music, Curly Watts forces his way into No.5 and throws the sound system out of the window, earning a headbutt from Les for his actions.

Two days later, Charlie Cairns discovers her boyfriend Greg Cox is the father of her sister's baby.

Another two days later, Jim McDonald and Fiona Middleton start an affair.

Another two days later, Zoe Tattersall agrees to sell her unborn baby to the childless Gary and Judy Mallett for £2,000.

Five days later, In a sign of future developments, Jon Lindsay works at the airport's Tie 'n' Fly shop while telling Deirdre Rachid that he's flown to Nairobi with his work as an airline pilot.

Another five days later, Kate Sugden, Rachel Hughes' mother, dies of a brain hemorrhage. Final appearance of Charlie Cairns. 

The next day, Rachel Hughes learns of her mother's death. Dot is held hostage.

On August 3, Ashley Peacock proposes to Maxine Heavey but is turned down.

Three days later, Two drunken friends of Toyah Battersby's attack Leanne in No.5 but she is rescued by Samantha Failsworth.

The next day, Alice Bates is abducted by Karen Johnson, the American girlfriend of her father Nick.

Three days later, Samantha Failsworth confronts her personal demons when at Des Barnes's encouragement she visits Ian Phillips, a family friend who raped her in her youth. She finds that he died a year before.

The next day, Julie Matthews jilts Tony Hutchinson at the altar after realizing she doesn't actually love him. Tony is thrilled as he was going to do the same. Jude Cunningham accidentally sets fire to Maddie Parker's flat.

Another next day, Jack Sugden and Rachel Hughes stop Karen Johnson from abducting Alice Bates.

Another next day, Two thugs, Pete Hickman and Mickey Hegarty, raid the Corner Shop for alcohol, attacking Maud Grimes in the act. Geri Cairns is taken into care after her thirteen-year-old mother Emma tells social workers she doesn't want to keep her.

Another next day, After her disastrous failed wedding to Tony Hutchinson the day before, Julie Matthews leaves the village. Narvel told Irene Raymond about the good job she's got.

Four days later, Maddie Parker leaves the village, moving back home to her mother. The two thugs who attacked Maud Grimes when they raided the Corner Shop are arrested when Les Battersby tips off the police.

The next day, Tara Cockburn falls off her horse.

Two days later, Tiffany and Grant renew their wedding vows. Lord Alex Oakwell and Tara Cockburn marry. Steve Marchant proposes to Kim Tate.

Four days later, Zoe Tattersall goes into premature labor as a result of her drinking.

The next day, Kim Tate hits Steve Marchant with her car. Matthew Rose was trying to use a graffiti and Narvel had red paintings all over his face, and told Matthew to get out.

Another next day, after two days of being labored, Shannon Tattersall is born.

Three days later, Kathy leaves Phil after discovering his affair with Lorna, when on holiday in Paris.