(~.|. The First Day [School AU] .|.~)

This is the longest chapter on this book I think I've ever made.. 😨

Students
Pest
Partynoob
Bive
Mark
Wallter
Split
Lampert
Kasper
Fleshcousin
Gnarpy
Unpleasant
Frank
Pilby
Mach
DrRETRO
Jermbo
Prototype
Scag
Gregoriah
Emerson
Sab
Swibbledib
Sarah
Buck
Jeremy

Teachers
(Uhh idk lol)

Extra stuff
-Spud hasn't had his lobotomy yet
-Wallter and Mark aren't married ofc but they still are in a relationship and bitch like couples occasionally
-Lampert's here too and they're not Mark and Wallter's child in this AU
-Infected isn't infected yet
-Bive is still mentally unwell
-Everyone except the teachers are around the age of 13 and 14
-Idk, more later?
——————————————————————————————————————

Pilby was just a short, 14 year old caterpillar, yet they felt like one step in the wrong direction could end it all.
They were purely horrified of the Regretevator and its inhabitants. The floor could drop out from under you, a UFO could laser you to atoms, you could fall into a pit of lava, and so so many more ways to die. Pilby would much rather cling close to their mama than go anywhere near that place.

It was just the two of them living on their beautiful floor.
Giant leaves, soft grass, and many tunnels and places to take shelter whenever they needed to, although it was rare they really had to. Every time the elevator came to their floor, Pilby would try to scramble and hide out of sight, away from the players. Their mama on the other hand would warmly welcome the players and let them wander. Then after the day was done, Pilby and their mama would sit under the stars and she'd tell stories to them.
It's been their routine for 9 years now.

Pilby would've never expected to be beckoned into the Regretevator by the one they loved most.
THERE? Why?! Why couldn't they just stay at home? Did they have to go to whatever weird school the Regretevator opened up? Pilby managed to talk their mama out of making them go for a couple weeks until now.

"I promise. It'll be good for you." She said, kneeling down and putting a hand on Pilby's shoulder "If you never see the world for yourself, how will you ever know what amazing things it holds?"
"I guess you have a point.. But I don't want to! It's scary!" Pilby replied.
"Come on." She said, holding onto their hand "I'll be with you for most of the way."

Before they knew it, Pilby was already standing in the big, scary elevator.

There were a lot of weird creatures and NPCs standing around, as well as players too. One looked very oddly similar to a lamp, one was a mannequin, and there was another that was super tall and made out of concrete. The three were all standing on one end of the elevator gossiping to each other, but Pilby couldn't make out what any of them said, nor did they want to know.

Ding!

The swarm of people around them began leaving the elevator.
Pilby looked up at their mama, hoping that she wasn't really serious about let them leave.

"I'll see you after school, honey."
"..B-but wait! Can't you come with me?" Pilby asked nervously.
"I'm sorry, but I cant." She sighed "I promise, it'll be okay."
After a long moment, Pilby finally accepted it.
"...See you after?"
"I'll see you after."