Chapter 26.

                          ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

Alethea's POV:

I let out a shaky breath as lightning slashed through the sky, my nerves fraying with every passing second. The anticipation was unbearable as we waited for the Trix and the Army of Decay to arrive.

"Everyone, pay attention!" Codatorta's sharp command snapped me out of my anxious trance. His voice was a lifeline in the storm of my thoughts. "Miss Faragonda is your commander-in-chief now, understood?"

"Fairies, Witches, and Heroes," Miss Faragonda began, her tone grave and her eyes steely with resolve. "As we face this final battle, I want you to summon every ounce of courage and strength you possess. Channel it all towards defeating Icy, Darcy, and Stormy. Our survival hinges on their defeat."

Another bolt of lightning struck, illuminating her determined face and echoing her words in my mind.

"If we have any hope of survival."

My throat tightened with fear, threatening to break my focus.

Soon, the nightmare I dreaded materialized before us.

A massive army of grotesque monsters advanced on our school, their numbers stretching into the millions. The sheer size of the horde was overwhelming, and panic clawed at my insides.

"Attack!" Icy's command sliced through the air, and the monstrous legion surged forward, obeying her every word.

"Water Shield!" I conjured a shimmering barrier of water to fend off the initial onslaught. My hands trembled, and I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to steady myself.

"Alethea!" A familiar voice pierced my fear, and two hands gripped my shoulders. I opened my eyes to see Musa staring at me, her expression a mix of worry and fear. "Snap out of it, you're not alone."

She was right—I wasn't alone.

"Right!" I nodded, feeling a renewed determination flood through me. With one final, grateful look at Musa, I fluttered my wings and took to the air, seeking higher ground.

Faragonda and Griffin stood together, their arms raised high. Red light flared from their palms, forming a protective barrier around the school.

"You can't stop me!" Stormy's maniacal laughter cut through. "I'm the new headmistress of Alfea!" She raised her hand, summoning another bolt of lightning. I watched in horror as a purple dragon of lightning struck our barrier. "Make room, Fairies, we're moving in."

Stormy's lightning shattered the barrier.

"No way!" Musa's eyes widened in shock. "How..."

"Don't get distracted!" Flora's voice rang out as she launched a spell at Stormy.