Chapter 18.

This isn't my work—full credit goes to the creator. Here we have Alethea's Charmix.

                          ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

Alethea's POV:

The figure stepped forward, slowly unveiling its features, and I gasped, my heart soaring as a relieved smile spread across my lips. "Is that Miss Griffin?"

Flora nodded eagerly, her own relief evident, mirroring the expressions of the others as she chimed in, "I think so!"

"What are you doing here, Griffin?" Icy yelled, disbelief tinged with anger lacing her voice. "Where's the Codex?"

Griffin cackled, a sound filled with authority, her demeanor radiating confidence. She looked down at the Witches as if they were mere insects beneath her heel. "Not here, and certainly not anywhere that the likes of you will find it."

"The likes of us?" Darcy repeated, her eyes blazing with fury.

"Yes," Griffin retorted with a smirk, unperturbed. "You girls that I expelled from school, reduced to running errands for Lord Darkar."

"Enough talk! We'll be the ones doing the kicking this time!" Stormy snapped back, her voice sharp and defiant.

"Don't forget us!" Musa called out, stepping forward and catching their attention.

Darcy glared at her, her expression twisted with rage. She thrust her hands outward, unleashing a dark spell. "Perfect Darkness!"

"Ray of Light!" Stella responded, illuminating the room with her magic. In an instant, the Witches vanished, leaving nothing but a lingering sense of their dark energy.

Aisha gasped in shock. "They disappeared!"

"Forget about them," I said, frustration boiling within me as I knelt beside Bloom, who lay unconscious. My heart sank at the sight of her pale face. "We have to help Bloom."

"How?" Stella asked, and I pursed my lips, grappling with the same uncertainty. Overthinking wouldn't solve our problem, but it felt impossible to avoid.

I extended both hands, activating my healing magic. A radiant blue aura enveloped me and Bloom. "Healing Water!" I concentrated, but as I channeled my energy, I felt the overwhelming dark energy radiating from Bloom. "The Witches hit her with a powerful spell. She almost lost her Winx, and I don't think I can help her."

"Oh, come on." Aisha nudged me gently, her eyes filled with encouragement. "You're Alethea, heir to the throne of planet Aalto! You can do this."

Self-doubt crept in, like shadows in the corners of my mind. All my life, I had felt uncertain of my place. My brother was meant to be the heir, but with him gone, the mantle of responsibility had fallen onto my shoulders. I had barely trained in healing magic, and the pressure weighed heavily on my heart. What if I failed? The thought sent shivers down my spine. I could still hear my mother's stern voice, but now it felt like a distant echo. Each memory felt like a rabbit hole, drawing me deeper into darkness. What if I wasn't strong enough? What if Bloom never woke up?