Chapter 21.

                          ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

Alethea's POV:

I lay on my stomach, the warmth of the soft sand beneath me soothing, as I absentmindedly kicked my legs back and forth. The gentle sound of the ocean waves lapping at the shore created a peaceful backdrop as I flipped through a magazine with my friends. We were lounging at the edge of the beach, playing through one of those lighthearted quizzes from a teen magazine. The boys, meanwhile, were further down by the water, riding their bikes and pretending they were on "patrol duty," but it was clear to anyone watching they were just having fun.

I glanced up and caught Silas's gaze. My heart did a soft flip, and a blush crept into my cheeks as the memory of our kiss last night flickered in my mind. Quickly, I looked away, trying to clear my head and focus on the game with the girls.

"Alright, question three," Bloom read aloud, her voice filled with playful energy. "You discover that your cute new boyfriend has lousy taste in music. Do you: A—use your magic to change his taste to match yours, B—move on to the next boy, or C—accept him for who he truly is?"

"B, all the way!" Musa answered without hesitation, her tone light and full of amusement. "Next guy, no time to waste."

I smiled softly, listening to their banter, but my mind kept drifting back to Silas. I realized with a slight frown that I didn't even know his taste in music. We had been together for nearly a year, yet there were still so many things I didn't know about him. Shouldn't I know him better by now?

I stared down at the sand, a quiet wave of uncertainty washing over me, but my thoughts were interrupted by Stella's arrival.

"What do you think of this one?" Stella asked as she strutted over, proudly showing off her latest swimsuit. "And yes, before you ask, it's Spell McCartney."

Her orange swimsuit was so Stella, bold, fashionable, and full of confidence. I couldn't help but chuckle softly. "You look like a lifeguard."

"But a cute one, right?" Stella beamed, giving a twirl. Then she glanced toward the boys, her smile fading into a frown. "Speaking of lifeguards... anyone else ready for the boys to drop this 'on-duty' act and just hang out with us?"

"This is an important assignment for them, Stel," Aisha said, though Stella just rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, right," Stella muttered, crossing her arms. "They look like they're having way too much fun for it to be an assignment. And without us! What's up with that?"

"They're supposedly patrolling the waters," Bloom pointed out, though her voice had a playful hint of disbelief. I followed her gaze to where the boys were still by the water, laughing and splashing.

"You know, I just wish they'd let me ride one of those bikes," Aisha said, her eyes lighting up with excitement as she watched them.

"Come on, Stel, focus!" Musa chimed in, trying to pull us back into the quiz. "We're in the middle of a Teen Fairy quiz here. It's supposed to be fun!"