084; the bush

"Has anyone seen Myra?"

Rafe was walking around the house, looking back and forth. He wasn't sure what the clock had been when Myra left him out in the yard to go inside and grab some water, but he had started to get worried when she didn't come back. He had checked his watch and sworn that at least ten minutes had to have gone by since she last laid her small hands on his arm. He missed her touch and he couldn't see her anywhere. Grabbing a bottle of water shouldn't take that long, perhaps she had gotten caught up somewhere?

Rafe looked around as he stepped his feet through the glass doors. He saw tons of girls, but none of them looked anything like Myra. They didn't have her sparkling blue eyes full of life or her enchanting smile. Their hair didn't stick out and messily curl like hers, even if she had brushed it a hundred times before leaving her house. None of them had the same sunkissed cheeks as her nor the small freckles that she had by her nose. He shook his head, walking into the kitchen where he knew she had at least been, but no sight of her. Rafe leaned the palms of his hands on the kitchen island, resting his spinning head for a moment. Alcohol and cocaine had been mixed in his system, making him a little lightheaded.

"Myra?" he shouted out after another second, lifting his head. She didn't answer, she didn't appear before him so his search for her continued. Rafe walked into the large living room, expecting to see Myra leaned up against the wall in the corner talking to Sarah. His eyes scanned the dark room. People were dancing and others were sat on the couch making out. Myra's pretty face didn't appear anywhere. Rafe dragged his hands through his hair, pulling at the dirty blond strands ever so slightly. His eyes frantically searched the room for her, but it didn't matter how long he stared... she wasn't there.

"Everything alright?"

Rafe turned around, his gaze landing on Sarah. His little sister was standing in front of him, one of her friends from school standing right next to her. Sarah's voice was loud yet comforting to Rafe, which was unusual. Sarah was often loud, but much less soothing to him these days. "Have you seen Myra?" Rafe asked over the loud music that blared around them, ignoring Sarah's initial question. "What?" Sarah asked, leaning forward a little. She was holding a plastic cup in her hand, with what looked like white wine in it. It was half empty. "Myra" Rafe repeated himself, almost feeling a little nauseous by now, "I lost her, have you seen her? Have you seen Myra?"

"No, not since your stupid fight out in the garden" Sarah spoke, shrugging her shoulders. Rafe pushed his lips together as he took a deep breath, feeling more and more stressed. It was like a itchy type of panic settling within him. He wasn't sure if it was his dark mind slipping past the alcohol or if it was just the cocaine wearing off, but he could let it go. Usually he wouldn't have cared, he would've just assumed that Myra found someone to hang out with, but he was painfully aware that she didn't know anyone here besides him and his sister. And also, she was a lamb in the a wolfs den, a pouge amongst the kooks out on figure eight. Bad territory for her.

"Hey, I'll help you look for her, okay?" Sarah urged before she gulped down the remains of her drink and put the plastic cup away. She had noticed the bewildered look in Rafe's eyes and the way he was fidgeting with his fingers and pinching the bridge of his nose. Sarah could sense the stress oozing off of her older brother and she knew how bad he could quickly get. "I'll be right back" Sarah urged to her friend as she grabbed Rafe's arm, dragging him away.

The two of them searched the house, calling out for Myra. Sarah peaked her head into a room as Rafe stopped a boy he recognized. They had been in the same swim team. "Hey dude, how are you?" Rafe urged, patting him on the shoulder. "Good man, how you been? You having a good night?" the boy responded, clearly intoxicated. Like everyone else in this goddamned house. "Good, good" Rafe mumbled, looking around for a split second before he looked back at the boy, "you haven't seen the girl I came here with?". The boy raised his eyebrows, seemingly a little amused. "The small blonde thing?" he asked, meaning Myra. He didn't know her name, Rafe knew that. "Yeah, her" Rafe nodded, not an ounce amused. "Oh yeah" the boy laughed, nodding his head towards a closed door further down the house, "I saw her walking off with some dude a few minutes ago... I'm sorry man, I know it's sucks when they can't stay loyal"