AZI Volume 6 Chapter 51

"..."

Taking out his calabash, Long Hua takes a sip of wine.

That face formed of dark clouds—the remnant will of a powerful individual, had shielded Yao Ying from Qing Ming Yang, despite her being a practitioner, while the former should have long become a weapon spirit under normal circumstances.

That means to say, there is the possibility that the key treasures that can be obtained in this ruin aren't meant for weapon spirits.

And if Long Hua wants a share of these treasures—

(For the time being, having this little girl nearby is to my benefit. Giving her some benefits for this purpose... It's shameless, but anyone would do the same when there's resources to be had.)

"...?"

Tilting her head, Yao Ying is clearly confused by the sight of Long Hua addressing the air, to which, the latter returns his attention to her, and says—

"Little girl, I won't accept you as my disciple. But... Your performance today is at least commendable."

"...? Which part?"

"Your Dao oath to surnamed Qing. You've lifted a heavy stone off his chest that was caused by your maternal grandfather, which in turn caused him to swear a Dao oath to not harm you until you challenge him yourself."

"..."

Seeing Yao Ying still in a state of confusion, Long Hua adds—

"Meaning, you won't have to worry about him causing trouble for you when you get out of this world."

"...But I still need to appear in the Ling Yuan family's estate under everyone's eyes, and to do that......... The necropolis."

Time is clearly not on Yao Ying's side in this matter, and towards her concern, Long Hua says—

"I'll say it again. With your current temperament, you're unfit to be a practitioner. So long as you don't fix this, don't even think about escaping from this world."

"..."

Raising a frown, Yao Ying asks—

"...Is there a way to change that?"

"The fastest way to deal with this issue is to cultivate in the Tranquil Heart Incantation. At least then, you won't be trembling like you did when you offed surnamed Xia."

Within the dreamscape, the Tai Xuan Emperor widens her eyes, and remarks—

(My god, *-laoban, being a lone dog for life on your own wasn't enough, and now you're planning to make a young girl like her stay single forever? How much of a scum are you?)

"Tai Xuan Emperor, shut your whore mouth."

Returning his focus to Yao Ying, Long Hua asks—

"Your choice, you want that incantation or not?"

"I do."

Taking out a slip of paper and a pen, Long Hua begins to write the incantation down. While he is doing this, Yao Ying out of curiosity asks—

"Um, who is this Tai Xuan Emperor?"

"An old ghost that only I can see."

(Who are you calling an old ghost?!)

"I see...?"

Finished with writing the incantation, Long Hua pushes the paper towards Yao Ying, and says—

"Once you've memorized it, destroy that parchment."

Picking the parchment off the ground, and looking at the written contents briefly, Yao Ying asks—

"...Is there anything that you can give me?"

Ever since she had seen Long Hua's sword Qi, Yao Ying has always been rather interested in it.

And towards Yao Ying's anticipation-filled eyes, Long Hua answers—

"Little girl, don't treat cultivation methods and divine arts like candy. My advice to you—if I were in your situation, I would be putting my focus onto that incantation, instead of sleeping tonight."

"...Yes."

Taking this to mean that Long Hua didn't have anything else for her, Yao Ying depressingly nods her head.

Seating herself in lotus posture, Yao Ying begins to cultivate the Tranquil Heart Incantation.

(Ai, a good girl ruined just like that.)

"..."

Ignoring the Tai Xuan Emperor, and getting out of the tent, Long Hua looks up at the night skies with his calabash in hand.

Unlike the previous ruins, the night sky of this one isn't decorated with stars—making it a rather dull sight to behold.

"..."

"..."

To not draw practitioners to their campsite, the weapon spirits hadn't bothered to set up a fire.

At this time, Ye Chen, Shao Tianming, Wang Yongning, and Teng Hao are all seated in the empty area that is surrounded by tents.

"..."

Walking over, and taking out a stool, Long Hua seats himself, and turning to Shao Tianming, he asks—

"So, this ruin is also officially designated grade five, correct?"

"..."

Towards this question, Shao Tianming lowers his can of beer with a heavy sigh, and remarks—

"A humanoid face that replaces a humanoid projection, no stars at night—despite being a supposed grade five. ...I give up on trying to rank the ruins of the outer domain with a grade."

"..."

With a bitter expression on his face, Wang Yongning adds—

"The ruins we brought the rights to in that first auction... It's a grade four...- For the time being. ...Honestly, who knows when something like today might happen in it? Those projections, they tend to only appear the moment we enter the ruins, not sometime after entry."

"..."

"..."

As silence looms over the group for a moment, Ye Chen and Teng Hao exchange a glance between themselves, and—

"The grade of this ruin aside, I'm more curious as to why there's Immortals here..."

Towards Ye Chen's remark, Teng Hao replies—

"Colonel Ye, do you think we might have entered the Immortals' world, instead of a ruin?"

"..."

Taking a sip of wine out of his calabash, Long Hua dismisses this guess completely. However—

"Maybe."

"...That would make sense."

"Outside of the frontlines, this is the first time that I've seen so many Immortals in one place."

Not knowing the way that the Leng Bing Realm functions, the weapon spirits all had a solemn expression on their faces in response to Teng Hao's guess.