8.10 - Sheng Family (1)

The roar of thunder and lightning in his ears finally stopped. Shen Mian opened his eyes slightly. In the dim light of morning light, he saw a very tall figure coming against the light. The man bent down slightly and picked up a blood-red crystal core from the ground. It came from the most powerful level 5 zombie in City Z.

  The high-level zombie that had given Feng Qian such a headache and that the entire Longquan base had tried to capture many times without success was destroyed by him, so easily and effortlessly.

  His strength is definitely not just the peak level five as rumored by the outside world!

  The man looked back, and Shen Mian's breathing stagnated slightly. The handsome face that came into view was indeed the second master of the Sheng family, Sheng Rong.

  But at this moment, Shen Mian was not sure. Was he really Sheng Rong? If he was, then what happened to the zombie that was shattered by lightning just now? If he was not Sheng Rong, then who was he? Why did he look exactly like Sheng Rong?

  What secrets are hidden in this chaotic world?

  The man walked a little closer to him. The warm and gentle light of the early morning did not warm the man's handsome and cold face at all. It seemed as if a layer of frost solidified all over his body, with an indifference that kept people at a distance.

  There were shadows of trees all around, and only the man's slow footsteps could be heard. Shen Mian suddenly seemed to have returned to a certain world in the past. The devil who descended surrounded by a sky full of purple crows was as noble and arrogant as the man at this moment, forcing people to not dare to look directly at him.

  The man stopped, frowned slightly, and said, "You are, Xu Mu."

  Such a person who is indifferent to everything, only showed an unhappy look when the word "Xu Mu" was mentioned.

  Shen Mian remembered that the original owner had some connection with the Sheng family, and was about to make some excuses, but the little guy threw himself into his arms. Sheng Ziyao was really scared this time and cried miserably: "Dad, are you okay? Are you hurt?"

  Shen Mian touched his little head, wiped his tears, and comforted him softly: "Dad is fine, this uncle saved us."

  He was not sure whether the title of "uncle" was wrong, but his legs were so weak that he could not even stand up. He had no time to think about those complicated things.

  Sheng Rong silently looked at the young man slumped on the ground. He was clearly sweating profusely, but he still patiently coaxed the child. He was unable to connect him with the disgusting face in his memory.

  After a moment, he said, "He is a superpower."

  Shen Mian was slightly startled, then suddenly raised his eyes and asked, "Are you talking about Yaoyao?"

  Sheng Rong did not answer him. He half-knelt down and stretched out his hand towards Sheng Ziyao. Seeing that his slender fingertips were about to touch the child's head, Shen Mian suddenly remembered the level 5 zombie that was shattered into pieces by lightning. He was startled and subconsciously hugged the child tightly, using his body to block the man's actions.

  Sheng Rong's fingertips unexpectedly landed on his cheek, and both of them were stunned.

  Sheng Rong's fingertips paused slightly. The cool and delicate touch of his fingertips made him feel a little nostalgic.

  He withdrew his hand, frowning with a hint of helplessness that others could not detect, and said, "I want to test his supernatural attributes."

  Shen Mian came to his senses at this time and realized that he had done something stupid. If this man really wanted to kill them, he would not have to use any means.