Extra 13: If you were not the crown prince

Extra 13: If you were not the crown prince, I would have wanted that position too.

  Gu Yanzhi was the most patient person. He had been mediating in the capital for a long time without showing off. Everyone said that he was a brilliant new top scholar, but few people knew that he was a direct descendant of the Jiangnan Gu family. Those who knew that he was a member of the Gu family might not know that he had profound inner strength and was hard to fathom.

  A person who is good at hiding must be a very patient person.

  So even when faced with beauty and intoxicating wine, he still maintained a rationality that was beyond the reach of ordinary people, and his mind was as clear and calm as ever.

  He knew that Lu Chen was about to arrive, perhaps already outside the house. The next moment he would push open the two thin doors of rotten wood that rustled in the cold wind, and the guards would file in and surround him.

  He also knows what is the smartest and safest thing to do right now.

  ——Put down this delicate and beautiful little prince in your arms, leave as soon as possible, protect yourself, and find an opportunity to turn the situation around.

  However, a rational person like him always has a pride that he is unwilling to give up.

  Today, although he lost by one move and all his efforts were in vain, he did not lose to Lu Chen. Instead, he was in such a dilemma because his suspicious and fickle little prince chose Lu Chen.

  If he left in such a miserable state today, in Shen Chengxin's eyes, he would probably be a man with evil intentions and wicked ambitions, and he would never take him seriously or look at him in the right eye.

  He would rather be hated by him than leave like a lost dog.

  He thought that since Shen Chengxin gave him an "unexpected" thing, he should also give the other party an "unexpected" thing in return.

  He wanted to let this noble and arrogant little prince know that not everything in this world would go as he expected, and there would always be miscalculations.

  He did not let go of the slender waist in his arms, but held it tightly. The soft body with a clear aroma of wine suddenly fell into his arms. It was obvious that she was extremely weak, but her watery peach blossom eyes were unusually charming. If there really is evil in this world, it is probably like this, making people bewitched by it unconsciously and unable to extricate themselves.

  "Your Highness, do you think Gu will be frightened and flee?"

  Shen Mian was a little surprised, then he burst into laughter and lightly touched the man's chest with his slender white fingertips. Unlike the man's weak appearance, the touch of his fingertips was firm and elastic.

  "I underestimated you, Lord Gu," Shen Mian said with a smile, "Since you are determined not to leave, what are you waiting for? A night of spring is worth a thousand gold, Lord Gu."

  He said this with a slight smile on his face, and there was no disguising the teasing in his words, which clearly showed that he was certain that Gu Yanzhi could not accomplish anything.

  Gu Yanzhi's voice sounded extremely calm, and he said, "Your Highness probably knows the prince's temper better than I do."

  Shen Mian raised his eyebrows and said, "So what?"

  "Your Highness once said that the prince is dull and old-fashioned and not easy to get along with."

  Shen Mian said: "I did say that."