First acquaintance 7: At least, he would get an answer in the end

It was early spring and the willow trees in the mansion had just sprouted new buds. It had rained from time to time in the past few days, and the cold wind was blowing, making it bone-chillingly cold.

At this time, an imperial edict came from the palace, summoning the second prince to appear before the emperor.

The old emperor used to not treat the second prince as his son. This was known not only to the servants in the mansion, but also to the royal family members outside. The older ones knew that the emperor was afraid of the second prince's blindness, while those who didn't know the inside story thought that the second prince died young like the eldest prince.

It's ironic that now that the news of Yan Jue's eye disease being cured has spread, the one who is most overjoyed is actually that cruel and unkind father.

The emperor was not afraid of his second son. He was the emperor, holding the imperial power, and was a king and a father. In his eyes, the princes were no different from the people of the world. He had the power of life and death at his command. Even though he was never fair to his second son, and was even cruel and heartless, in his opinion, that was also a kind of grace.

The emperor has always been conceited and arrogant. If he is wrong, he will remain wrong to the end - he will not think that he has done anything wrong, so naturally he will not feel guilty.

He summoned Yan Jue to the palace because he wanted to weigh the importance of this son who had been neglected for many years and whether his uselessness would shake the foundation of Da Sheng.

After all, the emperor is old and seriously ill, and it is hard to say how long he can live. The fifth prince is still a baby in swaddling clothes. He must pave the way for the future crown prince and clear away obstacles.

If the second son is smart and sensible, he can be trained to assist in the administration for the time being. After all, ministers from other families are not as trustworthy as the real royal blood relatives. Now all the outside forces think that he is old and the fifth prince is young, so they have thoughts that they shouldn't have. If Yan Jue is used well, he can help him contain many people.

The emperor thought he had considered everything very carefully. After all, it would be difficult to control a prince who had been blind since childhood, had no foundation in government affairs, and had no maternal family to rely on.

But he never considered why his condition suddenly worsened, and where the news of Yan Jue's eye disease being cured came from. Of course, even if he considered it, he would not be able to find out anything, because those ruthless officials in the court who made the emperor extremely afraid only obeyed one person.

If Yan Jue wanted to see the emperor, he didn't have to wait for the emperor to summon him. Waiting until today was just a last-minute duty for a minister and a son. After that, he no longer considered himself a descendant of the Yan family, nor did he consider that man his father. He only considered him a stumbling block that could be removed at any time and anywhere.

For the first time in twenty years, he wore the imperial court dress. The elegant and intricate black robe was embroidered with four-clawed coiled dragons in gold thread. He wore a jade crown on his head. He looked dignified and majestic, with stern and cold eyes, seeming particularly unapproachable.

The servants served carefully, and since returning from the music hall that day, the young master in the mansion disappeared, leaving only a prescription for conditioning. When the master found out, he didn't ask any questions, but folded the prescription carefully and wrapped it in a brocade handkerchief and put it in his arms, but didn't take another bowl of medicine.