8.7 - Mean

There's no chapter 8.8 in the original text.
..__..__..___..__..___..

  "Hey, are you dead?"

  Shen Mian walked forward a few steps, but did not go forward to check. Instead, he raised his foot and kicked the man. The black shadow on the ground immediately gasped in pain. It was probably not a threat.

  Shen Mian bent down and lit the lighter. He used the light to see his face. It was a man he didn't recognize. He looked very young.

  Shen Mian patted the man's face and said, "Hey, are you still awake? Where are you injured? Hey, talk."

  In the darkness, the man tried desperately to open his eyelids, but he was exhausted and soon fell into a coma.

  "..."

  Shen Mian let out a light sigh and turned the man over. Blood was oozing from his shoulder. Fortunately, he was young and strong, otherwise he would have died from excessive blood loss. He quickly pressed a few acupoints to stop the bleeding and injected spiritual energy into his meridians to clear the blockages.

  He had occasionally been injured when training in the mountains before, so he picked some clean herbs for use. The dried herbs were still a little painful when applied to the flesh and blood. The man groaned and was almost woken up by the pain.

  Shen Mian used his saber to slash the man's clothes, tore them into several strips and wrapped them around his shoulders. It looked so real that he couldn't help but applaud himself.

  At this time, the zombies outside the warehouse had broken into the room. This number was beyond his ability to handle. Shen Mian carried the man on his shoulder and dragged him upstairs.

  Perhaps it was because the ride was too bumpy, the man on his back finally woke up.

  "You, what did you put on my wound? Why, why does it hurt so much?"

  Shen Mian said: "It's my special herbal medicine, plus a little saliva."

  The man asked in disbelief: "You spit on my wound?"

  "Saliva kills bacteria, you know? Besides, you're almost dead, why are you still worrying about this?"

  The man fell silent after hearing that. There were hordes of zombies downstairs, and there was no way the two of them could escape.

  "You shouldn't meddle in other people's business. Good people can't survive in this world."

  Shen Mian didn't answer, but asked: "The shape of your wound is very strange, what weapon did you use?"

  The man said, "It's not a weapon, it's a wind blade. I dueled with a wind-type psychic, and I lost."

  "oh."

  "Everyone thinks he is stronger than me, but I just don't accept that, so I challenged him to a duel without telling my family."

  Shen Mian said: "Then you will be taught a lesson."

  "..."

  We soon reached the rooftop.

  The moonlight is good tonight. Shen Mian uses the light to look towards a nearby commercial building. As long as he can jump over there, there will be a chance of survival.

  This building is not very tall, with only six floors, but you will definitely not be safe if you fall down, not to mention that there are a swarm of zombies surrounding you downstairs.