Extra 15: True or False

Unable to wait for the carriage, Shen Mian exchanged a Yuan Dan from the system and breathed a sigh of relief.

Although his complexion improved a bit, the effect would not last long and needed to be resolved as soon as possible.

He stroked his lip. The stinging there had not faded, but it was no longer as painful as before. As long as he waited a little longer, he would use the system's special blood-dissolving ointment and it would be almost back to normal by noon.

Glancing at the horses resting nearby, Shen Mian picked a chestnut horse based on his intuition.

He recognized the mark on the harness, glanced back, and said, "I'm still not used to riding with others. Why don't you lend me your beloved horse? We'll meet at the post station ahead."

In short, it's better to delay it for a while.

Lu Chen was stunned. Before he could react, the slender young man in brocade clothes had already jumped on the horse and rode away.

Everyone was shocked. That horse was the prince's mount that he brought back from the northwest. It had a very fierce temper and normally no one was allowed to get close to it, let alone tame it. How could the delicate prince control it? If he fell off the horse, he would be seriously injured!

Before anyone could try to stop it, the chestnut horse, which had been violent and ferocious, became docile and submissive in a matter of seconds. It no longer had the fierceness and unruly nature it had before, but now became obedient as if it had acknowledged its master.

Shen Mian stroked the horse's back and thought that this horse was quite intelligent and could actually sense the suppression of mental power.

The system reminded him that the original owner's body was already at the end of its strength, and forcing it to work would likely shorten his lifespan.

Shen Mian rolled his eyes silently. He knew about this kind of thing even if he wasn't reminded. But in such a hurry, there was no other way.

Unexpectedly, Lu Chen came flying over, jumped onto the horse's back, held him in his arms from behind, and pulled the reins firmly.

Shen Mian was shocked, "Lu Chen you!... You are so bold!"

"Your Highness, please forgive me for my disrespect. Your Highness is a valuable person and is ill. If I fall off the horse, I will die." He paused and said in a low voice, "Your Highness, there is no need to be so stubborn."

He kept saying that he was thinking about Shen Mian, and he meant it. No matter how heartless Shen Mian was, he still knew what was right and wrong, and he could not accuse him.

If she had known this earlier, he should not have exchanged for that Yuan Huan Dan. Not only did he fail to escape, but he also wasted money and his life.

-You want to kill me.

At this moment, Shen Mian seemed to understand what it meant to stick to one's will.

He had been hiding all the way, and the things he was hiding were exposed in broad daylight. As long as Lu Chen looked at him carefully, he would find something unusual.

That person is so shrewd that he will definitely get to the bottom of it. By then, an obedient and loyal dog will become a ferocious wolf.

Lu Chen's beloved horse was very amazing. In a short period of time, it had left the others far behind.

As the imperial city approached, the breath of the man behind her sprayed on her ears, which seemed even hotter in this cold winter.

After much thought, Shen Mian realized that there was really no other way. Instead of sitting and waiting to die, he might as well take a chance. Who knows, he might be able to turn a dead end into a living one.