Extra 23: Aren't you afraid of getting infected?

Shen Mian obviously saw through his little thoughts. The monk would occasionally throw a tantrum like this without being noticed. He thought it was funny, so he deliberately didn't point it out, letting him sulk alone.

As the saying goes, crying children get candy.

Wu Chen is certainly not an ignorant child, but he is like a blank sheet of paper emotionally. He has been spoiled blindly, and after a while he tasted the sweetness and thought that as long as he threw a tantrum he would get more attention.

He let the monk know that if he wanted something or was angry about something, he should say it out loud.

Besides, no matter how jealous he is, he wouldn't bring Gu Yanzhi's body back, would he?

...It shouldn't be the case.

Shen Mian thought so, but he was not completely sure.

The main reason was that the mentally ill people he had met before were too serious, which made him feel a little uneasy.

Just when he was getting a little anxious, he heard a slight noise outside the house.

Shen Mian immediately put on his shoes and socks, pushed the door open and went out, just in time to see the monk put the unconscious Gu Yanzhi on the pile of firewood outside the house, and even covered the body with a layer of hay very carefully.

"..."

Shen Mian opened his mouth and asked, "Do you want him to stay here all night?"

The monk nodded: "Yes."

After a pause, afraid that Shen Mian might misunderstand, he added very seriously: "Give him the medicine, he won't die."

Shen Mian's mouth twitched, and he said, "If it snows at night, he will freeze to death."

"No snow tonight," said the monk.

He could predict people's fortune and misfortune and destiny with ease, so predicting the weather was certainly not difficult for him.

Since the monk can confidently say "no snow", then not a single snowflake will fall tonight.

Shen Mian was silent, and said: "Even if there is no snow, it is still cold, and he is sick like this——"

The monk frowned and said, "You want him to come in?"

"Well," Shen Mian shook his head and said, "How could that be? It's not that I want him to come into the house, but I'm afraid that he will die outside our house. That would be unlucky."

The monk was stunned for a moment. He didn't really care whether it was unlucky or not. Instead, the intimate name "our family" from Shen Mian sounded very pleasant to his ears, and it made him feel strangely better.

Originally, he was very reluctant, but now he was just a little reluctant.

So, he nodded and said, "Put it in the house."

Shen Mian was racking his brains to think of how to persuade him, but he didn't expect that he would agree so easily - it turned out that the Taoist monk was also superstitious?

He secretly made a note of it in his mind and went to help Gu Yanzhi, but the monk directly carried Gu Yanzhi on his back and went into the small house in a blink of an eye without letting him touch him.

Shen Mian laughed and shouted behind him, "Feng Xun, I'm hungry."

The monk said, "There is some soup in the pot. It is now hot enough. I will go and get some."

Shen Mian agreed obediently, sat down at the table with Gu Yanzhi in his hands, and watched the monk casually throw Gu Yanzhi into the corner and turn around to serve the soup.