Extra 25: Spring Blossoms (End)

The rain outside the window gradually stopped.

Shen Mian said calmly: "The child cannot be left behind."

He was slightly startled, as if he had not expected him to suddenly say that.

"Why?" he asked.

Why? Of course, because the child came suddenly, beyond his expectations, or in other words, it was never in his plan.

Even if he is willing to stay in this world for a very long time, it does not mean that he can adapt to the identity of a boy and actually have children.

What's more, with his playful personality, it is impossible for him to play the role of a father well.

But for these reasons, even if he was willing to explain them, Shang might not be able to understand them.

So he said, "I still need medicine to prolong my life. No one can guarantee that my child will be born healthy. If he is born with deficiencies and suffers for his whole life, that would be truly irresponsible."

"He is very healthy," said Shang.

Shen Mian said: "Even if you are healthy, the timing is not good right now. The Great Jin is in turmoil. Coming into the world at this time may be regarded as an ominous sign."

Shang said: "This child is blessed with great fortune and a very good fate."

"..."

Shen Mian asked, "I am so weak. Wouldn't it be a waste of my life to have children?"

After a brief thought, he said, "No, just take good care of it."

"..." Shen Mian was speechless and asked, "Do you really want to have a child?"

He said honestly: "I don't want it."

"Then why do you insist on interrupting me at every word?"

Shang was slightly startled and said, "I'm just replying to your question."

Shen Mian choked for a while, then asked awkwardly, "How long has he been gone?"

The "he" naturally refers to the uninvited guest in the stomach.

"More than two months," said Shang.

Shen Mian really wanted to cry but had no tears.

He had only done it with Lu Chen two months ago, and the child was undoubtedly Lu Chen's flesh and blood. Just that one time, he confessed? This must be God's will.

He thought for a moment and said, "Since she is Lu Chen's own flesh and blood, I have to go meet her. If I deal with her privately, it would be unfair to her. As long as he nods, I will take an abortion pill and the matter will be resolved satisfactorily."

Shang said, "If he does not respond."

Shen Mian said: "Then let's postpone it for the next day and find a good time to have an abortion."

"..."

Shen Mian said: "This is the most caring thing I can think of. Since she is pregnant, she should know the father of the child, but it is up to me to decide whether to have the baby or not. If he doesn't agree, I have no choice but to make the decision myself."

He took the jar of wine on the table. There wasn't much left, so Shen Mian tilted his head back and took two big gulps. He waited until the jar was empty before throwing it to Shang.

He said, "I drink if I want to. What can a little brat do to me?"

The Shang wiped the wine stains from the corners of his lips with his sleeve and said gently, "It's up to you."