Extra 3: Mid-Autumn Festival III

Extra 3: Mid-Autumn Festival III - Prosperity

  The Hibiscus Flower Festival is the most lively. By noon, thousands of pilgrims have gathered outside Nanshan Temple. They are called pilgrims, but in fact most of them come to watch the Danqing Banquet.

  As everyone knows, the Danqing Banquet is hosted by the eminent monk of Nanshan Temple. All the Confucian students in Shangjing City who have some talent will come here today to compete in poetry, prose and painting, and the winner will be selected as the most talented person in Shangjing that year.

  This year's prize was a hibiscus tree, "Prosperity Hibiscus", which was treasured by Master Wu Chen and attracted countless people to flock to it.

  There was a rumor that the hibiscus cultivated by Master Wu Chen kept budding for a long time. One night, Master Wu Chen met an immortal in his dream. The immortal's face was hazy and could not be distinguished. In a flash, the immortal turned into a hibiscus before his eyes.

  When Master Wu Chen woke up, the petals of the hibiscus slowly opened up, blooming gorgeously and beautifully, the most beautiful among all the flowers.

  A few people followed the monk to the front yard and happened to see a few young monks carrying the hibiscus towards the exhibition stand.

  "It is said that the flower is the incarnation of the flower fairy." Shen Mian said.

  Lu Chen glanced at him, then looked at the hibiscus being carried away by the novice monk. The gorgeous hibiscus king pales in comparison to the young man's delicate features.

  He blurted out unconsciously: "Nothing special."

  Shen Mian glanced at him and said, "The prince is not good at treating women with sympathy, so he naturally cannot appreciate such a delicate hibiscus flower. What do you think, Lord Gu? How about this flower?"

  Gu Yanzhi glanced at Lu Chen, whose face was gloomy, and couldn't help but smile, saying: "This 'Prosperity Hibiscus' is indeed worthy of the title of King of Flowers, but the rumor that it is a flower fairy is very absurd."

  Shen Mian asked, "Master Gu, don't you believe in ghosts and gods?"

  "Do not believe."

  Shen Mian said: "I think this story is very beautiful and moving. Since Lord Gu does not believe in ghosts and gods, please give me the flower. It doesn't matter if you don't want to give it. I must take the 'Prosperity Hibiscus' today."

  After saying this, he gently waved his folding fan and slowly left.

  Gu Yanzhi was stunned, not knowing which sentence had made him unhappy.

  Lu Chen raised his lips and said, "Master Gu seems a little confused."

  "Please give me some advice, my Lord."

  Lu Chen said: "Chengxin's mother passed away a year ago. He never wanted to admit that he had lost her, so he regarded the flower field planted by his mother as her incarnation. Your disbelief is a denial of his obsession."

  Gu Yanzhi nodded and said, "No wonder. But how could the prince, who understands him so well, still make him unhappy?"

  Lu Chen said: "So what? If he wants it, I will just get it for him."

  After saying that, he started to chase after him.

  Gu Yanzhi pondered for a moment, but then smiled.

  During the meal, the Prince of Jing took great care of an unknown young man from Mobei. He also said that his biological mother had passed away a year ago. Although he had only been in the capital for a short time, it was not difficult for him to guess that his biological mother should be the late queen who died of illness a year ago, and Cheng Xin was the current crown prince.