Extra 4: Secret

East Palace.

  Fugui held the "Prosperity Hibiscus" carefully in his hands, afraid that even a leaf would be bumped or damaged. This small flower was much more valuable than his life. Today, the Nanshan Temple was filled with scholars and noblemen from the capital. Who wouldn't covet this rare thing? But it was snatched away by their prince. There was no more shameful thing than this!

  In the past, he always kept his head down in the palace. Although he served the current crown prince, a crown prince who was unpopular and always criticized was far less popular than Prince Jing.

  Now, he can finally hold his head high.

  Seeing him staring at the flower and grinning foolishly, Shen Mian couldn't help but be amused and said, "If you have anything happy, tell me so that I can laugh too."

  Fugui said, "Master, at the Danqing Banquet today, you have overshadowed the Crown Prince and Lord Gu! This servant never dared to think about it before, it's like a dream!"

  Shen Mian glanced at him and said, "Since it's a dream, I guess you don't feel any pain."

  As he said this, he pretended to knock Fugui on the forehead.

  Fugui begged for mercy: "It's not a dream, of course it's not a dream! The master is always wise, and naturally he is no worse than anyone else. I was just joking!"

  Shen Mian said, "Don't talk nonsense. Be careful not to hurt my hibiscus flower. Let's go to my mother's Wanfang Garden first. I want to choose a good Feng Shui site to plant it."

  Fugui said, "Master, I heard that this flower has been under the seat of Master Wuchen for a long time. It is bathed in Buddhist scriptures every day, and is contaminated with the Buddha's aura. It has spirituality. Wherever it is planted, it will be a Feng Shui treasure land!"

  Shen Mian curled his lips and said, "I don't care about these things, as long as my mother likes it."

  Fugui tactfully shut his mouth. After being in the palace for a long time, he naturally knew when to be smart and when to play dumb.

  His master is usually approachable and easy to talk to, but the one thing he cannot touch is the late queen.

  Outsiders said that the master was drunk and missed the ceremony for the late queen, which was unfilial, but who knew why the master, who had never drunk alcohol, got so drunk on the eve of the ceremony? It was because he missed the late queen too much. When His Majesty punished him, he did not even say a word to defend himself.

  When people are truly extremely sad, they don't even have the heart to confide in others.

  Who among those who shed tears at the ceremony can compare to one thousandth of the sincerity of the master?

  Thinking of this, he said sincerely: "The late queen will definitely be able to feel the master's pure heart."

  Shen Mian remained silent.

  Arriving at Wanfang Garden, Shen Mian patiently selected a piece of fertile, sunny land and planted the hibiscus himself. He was also reluctant to make a fuss about the deceased, but now the original owner was labeled as unfilial, and he would not be at peace until this stigma was washed away.

  He said to Fugui, "Pick out a few palace maids who are good at tending flowers and plants to take good care of my flowers. If anything goes wrong, you will be held responsible."

  "Master, rest assured, I will definitely get it done."

  Fugui helped him up and said, "Master, your clothes are stained with mud. I'll have someone prepare some change of clothes."