8.9 - Who is it

Emerald green vegetables, soft, sweet white rice, and a simple soup and three dishes on the table, which were once the most common home-cooked meals in every household, are now the most luxurious foods.

  Shen Mian picked up the chopsticks and poked it, asking, "Where did this come from?"

  Feng Qian said, "It was shipped overnight from the Y City headquarters. The researchers at the institute successfully cultivated it a few days ago. As you know, clean soil and water are scarce now, and it is difficult for plants to survive. A few fresh cabbages can be sold at a sky-high price."

  Shen Mian secretly swallowed his saliva. Ever since he came to this world, he had only eaten bread and dry food. Sometimes, he had canned luncheon meat as a snack. When conditions were bad, he only had compressed biscuits. This was the first time he saw a hot meal.

  "You, what do you mean?"

  Feng Qian seemed to see that he was lacking confidence, and a hint of smile appeared in his eyes. He said, "Nothing, I just suddenly want to be nice to you."

  "..."

  The man is getting sicker.

  Shen Mian hesitated for only about a second, then sat down and picked up the chopsticks: "In that case, I won't be polite."

  It would be a waste if you don't eat it. Things like backbone are unnecessary.

  He had just scooped up a spoonful of soup, but before it reached his mouth, he shuddered inexplicably, and his back felt cold for some reason. He had always been a suspicious and sensitive person, and he became alert for a moment.

  "Feng Qian, did you add anything to this dish?"

  Feng Qian poured himself a glass of wine, took a sip, and asked, "What to add?"

  Shen Mian frowned and stared at him. After a moment, he stood up and said, "I remembered that there is something else."

  "Where are you going?" Feng Qian grabbed his wrist.

  Shen Mian struggled and said, "I'm going to go take a look at Yaoyao. I don't know why I feel a little uneasy. I can't let go of my worries unless I see him."

  "What could possibly happen to him with Lu Hai? Are you worried about the child, or do you not want to accept my kindness?" Feng Qian squeezed the thin wrist tightly in his palm, "Xu Mu, it's rare for me to lower myself to please someone, so just give me some face, how about that?"

  Shen Mian said: "I'm not kidding you, I'm very worried about Yaoyao, so let me go and see him."

  "Xu Mu!"

  Feng Qian was already a little angry: "You must make me angry, don't you?"

  Shen Mian was silent for a moment, but couldn't help but chuckled and said, "Feng Qian, in fact, you never think that you and I are equal, because you can easily decide my life and death. I am just a speck of dust under your powerful force, at your mercy. That's why you are arrogant and contemptuous, looking down on me from a high place from beginning to end. What you call flattery is more like a kind of charity."

  Feng Qian's eyes darkened. He suddenly grabbed his wrist and pulled him into his arms, saying, "Whether it's flattery or charity, you have no right to refuse. Xu Mu, when did I ever say that you and I are equal? ​​I admit that I am a little moved by you, but if you continue to wear down my patience..."

  Shen Mian raised his eyebrows and asked, "What do you want?"

  Feng Qian said in a serious tone: "Are you sure you want to know?"