Extra 8: Kindness

Birds are singing crisply in the mountains and forests, and the wind is blowing through the autumn leaves, making a rustling sound.

  The maple forest on the hillside is the most beautiful landscape of Lushan. In late autumn, the fiery red maple leaves are everywhere.

  In the middle of the maple forest, there was only one dazzling expanse of white. There was a young man wearing a snow-white fox fur coat. His brocade-like black hair was tied up with a jade hairpin. He was sitting against the branch of a tree, closing his eyes lightly, and taking a light sleep in the gentle autumn breeze.

  A maple leaf was blown down by the wind and landed right on his forehead. The sleeping boy seemed to be aware of it and reached out to brush away the annoying leaf, but the book in his hand fell to the ground.

  The maple leaves formed a fiery red carpet, with a rustling sound.

  The sleeping boy only uttered a low "hmm" and returned to his sleep.

  At some point, a tall figure appeared under the tree.

  The ground was covered with fallen leaves, but his arrival made no sound. He looked up at the branches, his gaze lingering on the peaceful and delicate sleeping face for a moment, then moved away somewhat unnaturally.

  He bent down and picked up the book, only to see the words "Strange Stories" written on the first cover. A hint of curiosity unconsciously flashed in his calm eyes. Just as he was about to open it, he heard a light rebuke from above.

  When I looked up, I met a pair of clear and pure peach blossom eyes.

  "You monk! You have no rules. Don't you know that you shouldn't touch other people's things casually?"

  Shen Mian jumped down from the branch, his feet were a little unstable, and he staggered slightly. A strong arm held his waist, which managed to keep him steady and not make a fool of himself. He looked up and was suddenly stunned.

  He pulled the man's plain white clothes and said, "This young master looks very familiar. Could it be that he is the young master I saw in the backyard of Nanshan Temple that day?"

  He always has a good memory for people with good looks.

  The monk did not answer, but handed the book to him and said, "Amitabha, I'm sorry."

  After saying that, he turned and left.

  Shen Mian stopped him and said, "We have not seen each other for several months in Nanshan Temple, and now we meet again in Lushan. It shows that you and I are destined to be together. Why is the little master in such a hurry to leave? Is it because I am so annoying that the little master is unwilling to say a word to me?"

  The monk was stunned and said nothing.

  Shen Mian narrowed his eyes, revealing a hint of danger, and said: "You are silent, so you agree? It is said that monks are compassionate, but why is it that the young master has a heart of stone and hurts people without knowing it?"

  The monk raised his eyes and saw the young man's pretty face revealing a heartbreaking expression of sadness. He was momentarily at a loss and hastily looked away, saying, "Mr. Shen, your words are too serious. I just have nothing to say, not that I dislike anyone."

  Shen Mian was a little surprised that the little monk was willing to talk so much.

  He raised his lips, leaned closer to the man, and said slowly: "So, little master still remembers my last name, then I guess you remember my first name too?"