First acquaintance 6: I like it

At night, the lights in the capital city come on and it is bustling and noisy.

A black and luxurious carriage stopped downstairs of the music hall, and a man with extraordinary demeanor got out of the carriage.

The man asked, "Is it here?"

The black-clad shadow guard replied respectfully, "It is exactly here. Someone saw the young master go in last night. I think it is not wrong." After a pause, he added in a low voice, "Although the young master often lingers here, he has never done anything inappropriate."

The guard spoke very carefully, cautiously, fearing that a single word would anger the moody wife. However, the man in front of him did not seem to care much about this and just walked into the music hall.

Yan Jue seldom appeared in public, so ordinary people naturally did not recognize him as the prince. Although his attire was luxurious, it was very low-key. He had black hair, a dark robe, and a black cloak on the outside, and he almost blended into the night.

Although he tried his best not to attract attention, his aura was very intimidating, and his black eyes were full of cold indifference. Anyone with a discerning eye would know to back off and not dare to bump into him.

The guard led the way with his head bowed. The whole journey was smooth until he reached the elegant room upstairs which had already been occupied by guests, and no one dared to stop him.

Yan Jue dismissed his attendants and walked in alone.

There were many heaters in the house. When the heat was turned on, it came out immediately. A pot of tea was brewed on the stove, and the fragrance was overwhelming. The mixed sound of the guqin made people feel relaxed. The antique jades displayed in the house and the famous paintings and calligraphy hanging on the wall were all elegant and solemn.

Sitting in front of the fine guqin was a young guqin player, who had already left the strings and looked a little uneasy.

The young man's dissatisfied voice came from behind the brocade screen painted with gold: "Sir, why did you stop? I just finished listening..."

The zither player stood up hesitantly, bowed slightly to Yan Jue, and said to the inside: "I think your distinguished guests have arrived. I will go downstairs and prepare some tea for you two."

There was already some good tea brewing on the stove in the house, and he was clearly using this as an excuse to avoid this mess.

Seeing that he was obedient, Yan Jue nodded slightly and allowed him to leave.

Shen Mian tasted something strange, and he poked his head out from behind the screen. When he saw Yan Jue, he was startled at first, then he laughed and said, "Who am I? Your Highness always looks down on people of low status, so why are you willing to condescend to come here? Have you discovered the beauty of this place?"

Yan Jue remained silent, walked around the screen and sat down beside him, his usually indifferent face showing no emotion.

Seeing that he was silent, Shen Mian muttered to himself, but with a smile on his face, he poured him a glass of wine: "Your Highness's eyes have not yet healed, so just drink a few cups. Besides, I am used to the wine here. Your Highness is of noble status, so I am afraid you will not enjoy it to your heart's content."

Yan Jue said, "Sir, you are used to drinking it, so I am naturally not picky."

Although it was not as good as the imperial wine, nor as good as the fine wine he had collected from all over the place, it was better in fragrance and freshness. This music hall was indeed elegant and had its merits.