8.14 - Second Brother

The air around them suddenly froze. Even Shen Mian himself did not expect that Sheng Rong would react so strongly to his words.

  "What's wrong with you?" He quickly concealed the deep thought in his eyes and tried to explain that he was just joking with him, but Sheng Rong grabbed his wrist.

  Shen Mian was stunned for a moment. How could Sheng Rong do such a reckless and rude thing? Although this man was always indifferent, he always behaved like a gentleman. It was Shen Mian's words that made him take off that disguise.

  Shen Mian struggled tentatively, but the shackles on his wrists only tightened. There was a subtle wrinkle between the man's brows. He seemed to be thinking seriously about something. After a long moment, he didn't know if he had an answer. He whispered a few words: "What if, I am that person?"

  That's it? What is it? The answer was clearly before his eyes, but Shen Mian was not sure.

  Sheng Rong said: "I do suffer from multiple personality disorder as you said. In that case, are you afraid of me?"

  Shen Mian was suddenly speechless.

  A person who simply suffers from a mental illness may not be scary, but this person is Sheng Rong, the second master of the Sheng family, the most powerful thunder-type mutant with an unfathomable level. He may even be the strongest person in the world. If this person wants, it is not difficult for him to destroy the entire city overnight.

  Such a highly dangerous person is a patient with multiple personality disorder. Shen Mian can't think of any other adjective except dangerous. After all, the level 5 zombies that make people helpless are vulnerable in his hands. Other people are as small as dust in his eyes. If one day he loses himself, what a terrifying existence he will become.

  From ancient times to the present, human beings have rejected, feared, or destroyed the great threats that they cannot control, but it is impossible for them to truly accept them.

  Sheng Rong should know this better than anyone else, so why should he tell him? They had only known each other for about ten days, so they were not familiar with each other. At most, they could talk and chat with each other. Except when Sheng Rong became "abnormal", this person would not even touch him on his own initiative.

  Such a friendship was nothing to Shen Mian. Why did this person trust him? Why did he think he would keep a secret for him?

  Is this person too confident or too trusting of others?

  Seeing that he didn't answer, Sheng Rong repeated the question again: "Are you afraid of me?"

  It seemed that this was the only thing he really cared about.

  Shen Mian nodded and answered without hesitation: "I'm afraid."

  Of course he was afraid. Who wouldn't be afraid when facing such a person?

  Sheng Rong said nothing, but just held the young man's thin wrist in his palm more tightly. Shen Mian raised his eyes slightly, and bumped into the man's calm pool. For some reason, he actually sensed a bit of loss in those eyes.

  Shen Mian's fingertips trembled unconsciously, but he finally calmed down and said seriously: "If, I mean if, what you said is true, and you have that disease, then keep this secret forever."

  Sheng Rong was slightly stunned.

  Shen Mian held his forehead in annoyance. He brushed away the fine black hair on his forehead, revealing a smooth forehead. His handsome face showed a bit of laziness and arrogance that did not match his appearance. He said to himself, "If you don't want to become a public enemy, don't show any flaws in front of others. You must continue to play the role of the perfect Mr. Sheng Er. No matter how hard it is, don't try to tell anyone about this, not even your relatives."