8.4 - Kindness

Shen Mian has been taking a break these two days, and is sleeping in the house with his son. He has just broken through the peak of Qi training and entered the initial stage of foundation building, and he is in great need of rest and breathing regulation.

  "Bang, bang, bang—" There was a knock on the door, and someone shouted, "Yaoyao, Yaoyao's father, don't sleep, we have to gather for something in front!"

  Shen Mian's five senses were now sharper than those of ordinary people, so he could hear it clearly, but he was too lazy to pay attention. Sheng Ziyao was obedient. When he heard the voice, he pushed him and said, "Dad, Dad! Uncle Wang is calling us to gather!"

  Shen Mian narrowed his eyes, his son's serious face was right in front of him. He said helplessly: "Silly boy, it doesn't matter whether your dad, a nobody, goes or not, let's just be lazy."

  But the child said seriously: "Dad is not a nobody! Dad is the best!"

  Shen Mian laughed when he heard that and reached out to pinch his face. He knew that he was not worthy of the word "best" and even the word "awesome" seemed a bit forced. But he didn't want to disappoint his son, so he finally got up from the bed.

  He walked out carrying the kid. It was a mess outside. Many people had just been dragged out of their nests. They were cursing and very reluctant. Xiao Wang was knocking on doors hurriedly.

  Shen Mian stopped him and asked, "Why are we gathering all of a sudden?"

  "The higher-ups are here to inspect!"

  Before Shen Mian could ask, the others started to make a noise: "Why are the higher-ups coming to inspect the logistics department? When did they start treating us like human beings?"

  Xiao Wang just shook his head and waved his hands, saying, "I don't know either. Our logistics department has always been a rat in the sewer. Those superpowers feel it's dirty when they come down to take a look. I don't know what happened today, but so many superpowers came! I heard that Boss Feng will be here too! Stop dawdling and hurry up!"

  When the others heard that the boss was coming, they didn't dare ask any more questions and quickly put on their clothes and went out.

  Shen Mian followed behind and whispered to his son, "Maybe you'll be able to see your uncle soon. Are you happy?"

  Sheng Ziyao nodded his little head and said, "Happy! Uncle gave Yaoyao a toy."

  The uncle he was referring to was naturally Lao Wu. That man really liked Sheng Ziyao, and always remembered to bring some small things back when he went out to do things. Gradually, he became familiar with Shen Mian.

  As they were talking, they saw Lao Wu. He walked towards the father and son, touched the child's head, and asked, "Why don't you go over and gather?"

  Shen Mian said: "I just woke up. What happened today? Such a big scene, it's really scary."

  Lao Wu looked left and right, pulled Shen Mian to a corner, and whispered, "I told you before that our boss came to City Z to look for someone, remember?"

  Shen Mian thought about it and nodded, "It seems to be the case. How come, is that person in the logistics department? Who is he? Do I know him?"

  Lao Wu shrugged. "I don't know about that, but right now, the only department left in the entire base that hasn't been checked is the logistics department. It's very likely that the guy surnamed Xu is hiding here."

  Shen Mian nodded, then suddenly froze for a moment and asked uncertainly: "You, you just said that the person you are looking for is surnamed Xu?"