8.21 - Variety

Shen Mian frowned slightly. He knew in his heart that Sheng Tianze was right, but he didn't want to admit it.

  He was naturally afraid that Sheng Rong would know his true nature. In front of the person he likes, everyone wants to maintain the most perfect image, and he is no exception.

  Although he knew that the man would definitely tolerate him, no matter how bad his past was, no matter how hateful and bad his true face was, no matter whether he was the Xu Mu who had a chaotic private life and had relationships with many men, the man would love him as always.

  But he also knew that he would be sad.

  No matter how strong a person is, it will hurt when he is hurt.

  In fact, he used to be willing to let that person love him, but recently for some reason, he became much softer-hearted, so he always drags his feet in doing things.

  When a person starts to soften his heart, it means he is becoming weaker and weaker. He doesn't want to admit that he is changing in that direction.

  Especially in front of irrelevant people, he didn't want to show weakness.

  He raised his lips and smiled, "Even if he knows, so what? Afraid? What do I have to be afraid of? I do like him, but that doesn't mean I need to change into another person for him. This is my nature, and he can only accept it. Will he leave me just because I am different from what he imagined? No, he still can't leave me. I still have this confidence."

  Sheng Tianze stared at him silently, his eyes passing over his delicate profile. The young man's features were clearly very soft, and his slightly curved cherry lips showed a bit of tenderness and affection.

  But why do the words I speak out feel like cold knives?

  He used this fascinating expression and said such cold and arrogant words that made people not even know where the anger came from.

  Sheng Tianze was silent for a long while before he said sincerely: "Indeed, even if I know how bad your nature is, it is difficult to let you go. You just have this ability."

  Shen Mian smiled and said, "Master Ze doesn't seem to be praising me, but rather scolding me."

  Sheng Tianze shook his head and said, "Of course I am praising you, Xu Mu. You are so capable. I have never hated someone so much and yet I am reluctant to hurt him in the slightest. You are more than capable. No one is more capable than you."

  Shen Mian just smiled and said nothing.

  Sheng Tianze suddenly grabbed his wrist and said, "Why my second uncle? What do you like about him? It was obviously me who met you first, whether it was six years ago or six years later, I was obviously one step ahead of him, but you always choose him, why?"

  Shen Mian frowned and struggled with his wrist, but the force became even tighter.

  "There's no reason why. I just can't live without him."

  Sheng Tianze said: "You haven't tried to like other people, how do you know you can't do it? Maybe it's not as difficult as you think."

  Shen Mian burst out laughing and said, "I'll return this to you exactly as it was said. Liking me is really not a good thing. Why don't you like someone else? This will be good for both you and me."

  Sheng Tianze looked at him and said nothing for a long time.

  "Xu Mu, do you think I dare not do anything to you?"