Extra 7: Bury the wine

The West Temple is more deserted than other ancestral temples.

  This place is remote, and even the royal family members are too lazy to come here to worship. It's just that the late emperor invited a master to personally look at several Feng Shui sites, and then ordered people to build ancestral halls in those places and offer incense in order to continue the fortune of the Great Jin Dynasty. These methods have existed in all dynasties, and those in power will always spend a lot of effort to ensure eternal prosperity.

  Although the scenery is nice, it is far away from the imperial city after all. Most of the palace servants who were sent here had committed mistakes, which was tantamount to exile.

  After getting off the sedan chair, Fugui hurriedly put a coat on him and said, "Master, the wind is strong, you'd better go in quickly."

  Shen Mian looked back at the carriage, curled his lips quietly, and said, "Let's go."

  In addition to the few guards from the Eastern Palace, the emperor also sent a lot of additional guards, probably because he was afraid that the prince would be harmed by those ambitious people as soon as he left the capital.

  Shen Mian knew very well that in addition to these people in the open, the ambitious prince must have also planted a lot of people, otherwise they would not be able to sit in his carriage so openly.

  There were already people waiting at the door. Although it was no secret that His Royal Highness the Crown Prince did not enjoy the Emperor's favor, it was not something that servants like them could take lightly.

  The housekeeper personally led the way and said, "Your Highness has come to the ancestral temple to receive punishment under the order of the Emperor. I dare not treat you too well. I hope Your Highness will forgive me."

  Shen Mian said: "It's okay."

  Seeing that he looked calm, the nanny heaved a sigh of relief and continued, "Your Highness will be staying in the Self-Reflection Pavilion. You need to spend one hour every day in the ancestral hall copying scriptures. The rest of the time, you can arrange it yourself. Although Lushan is desolate, it has beautiful mountains and rivers. There is a maple forest halfway up the mountain. In a few days, the mountain will be covered with red leaves. There is also a library in the back mountain, which contains many scriptures and poems. Your Highness can use it to relieve boredom in your spare time."

  Shen Mian nodded and said, "I have caused you a lot of trouble."

  The maid said hurriedly, "I dare not. As long as Your Highness does not mind that we are not serving you well enough, it is fine. After all, in the mountains, the food and clothing expenses are not as good as those in the palace."

  Shen Mian smiled and said, "I am not a delicate person, I can still endure this little bit of hardship."

  He was born handsome, and with just a faint smile he looked like a banished immortal from a painting. There was nothing about him that made anyone dislike him.

  The old nanny was well-informed, but she was stunned for a moment. She felt an inexplicable liking for this prince and added, "In addition, the steward of the ancestral hall will go down the mountain to buy things every half month. If your highness needs anything, just let him know."

  Only then did Shen Mian smile sincerely and nodded.

  "Then I'll trouble you, Madam."

  Entering the Self-Reflection Pavilion, it was cleaned very carefully. There was a prepared breakfast on the table. Shen Mian had eaten it in the carriage before, so he gave it to Fugui.