8.19 - Jie Dan

When Shen Mian woke up, it was already past noon. He was a little surprised. As a practitioner, he should not be so tired that he fell asleep, let alone slept for such a long time.

  There was nothing wrong with my body, except that there was a vague sense of emptiness in my dantian.

  He sat up and took a few breaths, and was surprised to find that there was no trace of vital energy in his Dantian. However, it did not disappear, but existed in another form, condensed somewhere.

  Shen Mian was shocked - this was a sign of forming a pill.

  Is this possible? How long has he been building his foundation? He originally estimated that it would take at least half a year to break through. Even the most talented practitioners would not be able to do so. However, he made such rapid progress overnight.

  Could it be related to Sheng Rong?

  He couldn't help but think of the dual cultivation methods that were popular in the cultivation world, and was speechless for a moment.

  Forming a golden elixir meant that he was about to enter the golden elixir stage, and his appearance would no longer age easily. This made him a little distressed. After all, the man was already many years older than him, and if he didn't age, they would become even less of a match.

  He himself doesn't care, but maybe the old man minds.

  Moreover, during the period of forming the elixir, he cannot use his vital energy easily, as it is the weakest time. If he were in the cultivation world, he would need to practice in seclusion to break through the bottleneck. If necessary, he would need someone to set up a barrier to prevent his mind from being disturbed.

  He was thinking when suddenly someone pushed open the door. Shen Mian was stunned for a moment. He didn't expect that the first person he saw when he woke up was Sheng Tianze.

  This is Sheng Rong's residence. Others generally would not set foot here, nor would they dare to.

  "How did you..."

  Before he could finish his words, the man had already strode into the room.

  Sheng Tianze was always impatient. He walked to the bedside, supported his arms on Shen Mian's side, looked at his face carefully, and asked, "How are you? Did my second uncle embarrass you?"

  Shen Mian raised his eyebrows and said, "What can I do? I just took a nap."

  "As soon as I heard that my second uncle had taken you away, I rushed here immediately. I was very worried about you."

  Shen Mian did not doubt his words. Sheng Tianze's breath was unstable, and he must be really anxious, so he smiled and said, "Thank you for your concern. I'm fine."

  He looked out the door again and asked, "Where's Mr. Er?"

  "Why are you asking him?" Sheng Tianze said with some displeasure, "I asked someone to send him away, otherwise why would he let me in? We'll talk about this later, I'll take you away first."

  "Wait a minute," Shen Mian refused without thinking, and said, "Sorry, I can't go with you. You should leave quickly before he comes back."

  Sheng Tianze seemed to be caught off guard, and was slightly startled, and asked: "Why, don't you hate him now?"

  Shen Mian frowned and said, "I think Master Ze must have misunderstood something. I have never, ever hated Mr. Er. He saved my life and is my benefactor. I am already satisfied if he doesn't hate me."