First acquaintance 4: You are so smart, why can't you figure it out?

Snowflakes are flying.

There were several stoves under the corridor, some for decocting medicine, some for making tea, and some for warming wine.

The young man was dressed in a plain, thin white shirt. He seemed not to feel the severe cold weather. He casually sat on a short square stool, fanning himself with a palm-leaf fan. He picked up the jar of wine and took a big gulp of the wine. As the strong liquor went down his throat, his whole body became hot. He let out a soft "hiss" of relief.

"It's freezing cold this day, and nothing can warm the body better than burning a knife."

As he spoke, he nudged the man next to him with his elbow and said, "Want to try it?"

A man in a dark suit took a sip of tea and said, "I don't like the taste in my cup."

Shen Mian snorted: "That's a pity."

"What a pity."

"You just can't appreciate such a good thing. You're only in your twenties, but you act like you're in your seventies or eighties, just like my master, that little boss."

He mentioned the "Master" again, and the man was slightly stunned.

"Isn't the Master very good?"

Shen Mian shook his head and said, "I can't say it's because I'm very old."

Yan Jue's brows furrowed even more tightly.

"So he is very handsome?"

Shen Mian nodded without hesitation, "That's natural, otherwise I wouldn't have been so shameless as to ask him to be my master and stay by his side to learn those useless things."

He looked at Yan Jue's cold, jade-like face and vaguely saw the man's outline.

Somehow, he suddenly asked, "Don't you remember what happened when I was learning the art?"

Yan Jue took a sip of tea and said, "Just tell me what you want to say."

Shen Mian held the wine jug in his hand and looked at the dancing snow outside the corridor.

"The place where I learn my skills is very big. It's my master's place. It's bigger than the imperial palace and very grand. It's made of colored glaze bricks and jade tiles, with pearl curtains and jade decorations. It's magnificent and golden. But there are few people there, only me. My master is very busy and has a lot of things to manage. Many people rely on him for help. As a disciple, I can't help him. The only thing I can do is not to cause him trouble. I'm pretty smart and I can learn everything he teaches me. But this makes me even more lonely because I'm waiting for him most of the time."

He drank Shaodaozi, his throat burning. He coughed and laughed, "Once, my master was out and didn't come for several months. I waited and waited, but he never came. I thought he had forgotten about me as his disciple. He didn't accept me voluntarily. If he didn't want me, it would be reasonable - but I was really upset and cried my eyes out. My father beat me severely during my rebellious period, but I didn't shed a tear. My father was angry and scolded me for being heartless. I felt so wronged. I wanted to let him see. If his son was heartless, would he cry like that?"

"It's a pity that I didn't know the benefits of wine at that time - when I get drunk, I feel really happy! I forget all my worries."

Yan Jue said, "Your alcohol tolerance is getting better and better. One day, no matter how much you drink, you won't get drunk. What should I do then?"

"..."

Shen Mian held the wine jar, smiled, and said, "We'll talk about it when the time comes. I don't like to think about things that are too far away, which only adds to my troubles. I only look at the present and only care about what's in front of me. I will do whatever makes me happy."