8.26 - Memory

During dinner, Sheng Ziyao sat next to his father as usual, but the atmosphere at the table today was very different; it was unusually quiet.

  He is a very perceptive child and can detect even the slightest changes.

  Just like before, when Xu Mu died beside him, he was the first to feel it. He was so sad at that time. The only person who accompanied him was gone, even though this person didn't like him at all and was not very friendly to him.

  No matter how mature he was mentally, in reality, he was just a five-year-old child who instinctively resisted and feared loneliness.

  So, when his father came to him, he was so careful to disguise himself as an ordinary child so as not to scare him away.

  Even though they looked exactly the same, he knew that his father and the original Xu Mu were two completely different people. He secretly thought in his heart that perhaps he was the only one in the world who could accept his existence.

  Because they are all heretics.

  Since he was a child, he knew that his last name was Sheng. His name was given by the old man who brought him into the world. In a cold, closed room filled with instruments, the old man seemed to want to get something from him, but he disappointed him.

  The old man said: "Let the child from the Xu family take him out of the capital. We can't let that monster know of his existence."

  However, the people in the room, who were dressed in neat white coats, were extremely surprised by his rare kindness. They thought that even if the man was his own grandson, the old man would get rid of this failure without mercy.

  Because he has always been like this, even his own son is just a "monster" in his mouth.

  Sheng Ziyao will probably never know that the moment he opened his eyes, he unconsciously grinned at the old man, and thus saved his own life.

  He didn't know that he was different from other children, but the man he called "Dad" always looked at him with fear.

  Later he realized that not every child starts remembering things from birth, remembering every person they meet and what they said. Not every child can easily learn languages ​​and complex and obscure texts. Not every child is like him, possessing powers that are beyond the reach of ordinary people.

  He read in books that children symbolize kindness and innocence, they are crybaby, like to eat candy, and are afraid of the dark... He thought he had disguised himself well enough.

  He was born different and possessed strange powers, and his father, who continued his life by using someone else's body, were the same kind. This strange bond made him happy.

  With this little thought in mind, Sheng Ziyao carefully disguised himself as a well-behaved and ignorant child in order to gain the other party's favor.

  He has been doing a good job.

  Until the Sheng family showed up, everything became different.

  "Dad." Sheng Ziyao called softly.

  "Um?"

  "Did Yaoyao make a mistake and dad is angry with Yaoyao?"

  Shen Mian raised his eyebrows and smiled, "Why would you think so? There is no child more obedient than you. Even the strictest father can't find any fault with you."

  As he said that, he put some vegetables into the child's bowl and said, "Eat more vegetables."

  Sheng Ziyao nodded obediently, but he felt even more confused and uncertain in his heart.