Extra 11: Return to Beijing

After several months, they finally left Xici. Shen Mian lifted the curtain of the car and looked out. The sound of the drizzling rain gradually subsided, and Lushan had entered the gray late autumn from the late spring when they came here.

  There was a rustling sound coming from the dense forest of dead trees, and someone's figure was vaguely hidden in the hazy mist.

  Shen Mian shook his head and smiled. The monk was too busy trying to hide from him, so he naturally wouldn't come to see him off.

  Gu Yanzhi followed his gaze and looked out the window, quietly clenched his fists, and asked calmly: "Your Highness, are you reluctant to leave Lushan?"

  Shen Mian said: "I have indeed gotten used to living here. I can't help but feel a little attached to every blade of grass, every tree, every flower and every leaf in this mountain."

  Gu Yanzhi's eyes dimmed slightly, but he said, "Isn't it because you can't bear to part with that person?"

  Shen Mian paused, lowered the heavy curtain, and chuckled, "I am confused. I don't know who Master Gu is talking about."

  Gu Yanzhi said: "Of course, it refers to the person who chatted with His Highness all night last night."

  Shen Mian showed a bit of surprise on his face, and said, "Last night? I went to bed early last night, leaving only Fugui to guard the outer room. Could it be that a thief sneaked in and I didn't know about it?"

  He refused to admit it, so Gu Yanzhi naturally had no way to deal with him.

  "I heard that during the time Your Highness was in Lushan, he often went to Maple Forest alone."

  Shen Mian raised his eyebrows and asked, "I love to appreciate the maple leaves and don't like others to disturb me. What's the problem? Sir Gu, do you think that I went to the maple forest to meet someone secretly?"

  Gu Yanzhi stared at him for a moment, but could not see any clues on his calm face, so he could only lower his head and said, "Gu dare not."

  Shen Mian lifted his chin, narrowed his narrow eyes slightly, and said with a smile: "Lord Gu said he dared not, but I am afraid he has doubts in his heart. It rained all night last night, and the night watchman's vision was naturally blurred. He probably mistook the shadow of the tree for a person. Otherwise, how could a living person appear and disappear out of thin air? There are so many people guarding outside my house. Even if Lord Gu is so powerful in martial arts, I am afraid he may not be able to come and go freely."

  Gu Yanzhi was being looked at lightly by him, his chin resting on the boy's pure and soft fingertips, a faint fragrance came over him, and his usually smart mind became completely confused for a moment, and he could only agree and reply: "Your Highness is right."

  "It's good that Lord Gu is thoughtful and considerate, but being overly cautious can also make things difficult for others."

  Gu Yanzhi said: "Your Highness is right."

  Shen Mian smiled again and said, "Master Gu seems to be particularly concerned about my personal affairs."

  "..." Gu Yanzhi said: "Your Highness has a simple mind. I am just worried that Your Highness will be deceived by a traitor."

  Shen Mian said "Oh" with a long tail sound and smiled: "So that's it."

  He chuckled, picked up a book beside him and opened it, then thought of the monk's hasty departure last night, and couldn't help but find it interesting.