8.25 - Little monster

In the study, Sheng Hong was looking through documents when suddenly someone knocked on the door twice.

  In just a short period of time, he had aged a lot. Looking closely, one could see a few more strands of gray on his temples. He called out "Come in", rubbed his brows, and said, "Is there any news about that bastard?"

  The person who came was Chen Qinghe. He walked up to him hesitantly and whispered, "It's not about Master Ze, it's about Mr. Er's child."

  Sheng Hong was slightly stunned. Of course, he had an impression of his brother's son. He said, "That child has been arranged to go to school. What could possibly happen to him?"

  Chen Qinghe considered and said, "I just heard about it by chance. It seems... that he was bullied at school."

  Sheng Hong thought he had heard wrongly and asked, "You said he was bullied?"

  This was the only time he wanted to laugh in these days. When Sheng Tianze was in kindergarten, he knew how to use the name of the Sheng family to bully others in school and show off his power. Even the children from the side branches of the Sheng family knew how to use the power of the Sheng family to protect themselves outside. Who had ever heard of being "bullied"?

  Chen Qinghe said: "I don't know the details, but I heard that he offended the senior students and was ostracized by them for quite some time."

  Sheng Hong frowned and said, "He looks smart. He won't tell adults when he's bullied."

  Chen Qinghe said: "I have met that child before, he is very well behaved, maybe he doesn't dare to say it."

  Originally, Sheng Hong didn't need to care about these trivial matters. He could just assign someone to handle them. But he was his nephew after all. What's more, Sheng Tianze's life or death was uncertain, and he was very likely the only bloodline of the Sheng family in this generation.

  He thought about it, and finally stood up and said, "Prepare the car and take me to school."

  Chen Qinghe quickly responded "yes".

  There are no more than ten schools in the capital now, and almost all of them are funded by the Sheng family. It is difficult to survive in this world, and those who are able to study are naturally not from ordinary families.

  In this circle, parents know each other well, and children learn from them gradually and naturally understand and get used to the so-called rules of life. However, students who join the class midway will inevitably attract attention.

  If the child used the original name "Sheng Ziyao", any smart person would know that he was not to be messed with. However, when he was applying for admission, Shen Mian used the surname "Xu" for him.

  The surname "Xu" has fallen into decline in the capital, but it did cause a sensation a few years ago. And coincidentally, the person listed in the father's column was the protagonist of the incident: Xu Mu.

  In this way, everyone knows that this child is a soft persimmon and can be bullied at will.

  When Sheng Hong arrived at the school, it was during class time.

  But the child was not attending class in the classroom. Instead, he was sitting on the steps outside the classroom, holding a book in his hand and slowly flipping through it.

  He sat quietly, as if immersed in a world that no one else could enter.

  Sheng Hong roughly understood why this child was ostracized. Everyone is used to isolating those who are different from themselves. This child's father is like that, and so is the child.