Extra 16: Maple Leaf Illustration

The weather was getting colder, and two more heaters were added to the East Palace's bedroom than yesterday. The floor heaters were burning more vigorously than usual, and the palace servants broke into sweat as soon as they entered the hall.

Although they suffered, no one dared not to do their best. The one living in this bedroom was the most honorable Crown Prince of the Jin Dynasty.

Of course, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince is awe-inspiring, but the palace people are even more afraid of the Prince of Jing, who is always loyal to His Royal Highness the Crown Prince.

Since the death of the previous emperor, the prince has been seriously ill and in a coma. For a time, the court was in chaos and the turmoil continued. Many ambitious people thought that it was time to change the dynasty and establish a new ruler, but they failed and were all crushed under the cold-blooded and violent swords of the prince's cavalry.

Nowadays, everyone in the court is afraid of Lu Chen. One hundred thousand imperial guards obey his orders, and countless officials who colluded with him to commit treason have been beheaded by him. It is said that so many people have been killed in recent days that a river of blood has already flowed outside the Meridian Gate, and pedestrians will get their shoes wet when passing by. Even his biological father, Prince Jing, was suspected of murdering the prince and was detained in the Tianlao. For a time, everyone in the court was in danger and no one dared to act rashly.

Everyone in the world thinks that Lu Chen is a lunatic who doesn't care about his relatives and only knows how to kill people.

The more officials hated him, the more the people supported him. Since the late emperor was seriously ill and corrupt officials were in power, the common people were the ones who suffered. Now that corrupt officials were being executed one after another, the people naturally praised him and many people even enshrined Lu Chen's portrait in the hall.

People outside say that the Crown Prince is in the Prince's party.

The palace maids serving in the East Palace knew better than those outside that the Crown Prince's loyalty to His Royal Highness the Crown Prince was evident day and night. The Crown Prince seemed to be a man of bad luck, with his health getting worse and worse. Medicines were sent to the East Palace like a constant stream, but his condition did not improve. It was as warm as spring inside and outside the palace, but that person was as cold as an ice cube.

I don't know how long I can hold on.

If His Royal Highness the Crown Prince were to pass away, the throne would naturally be a completely different story.

"Master, this is the new medicine that the Imperial Hospital prepared this morning. It should be taken while it is hot."

Fugui hurriedly entered the inner hall with the medicine in his hand. Ever since he knew that his master was not well, he had been busy crying and decocting medicine for the past few days, and he didn't care at all about what the palace people were talking about in private.

As he stepped into the hall, his hands shook and he almost spilled the hot medicine.

His terminally ill and precious master was seen wearing only a thin coat, leisurely trimming potted plants with a pair of scissors.

"Master, how can you do this? The imperial physician has been telling you to rest on the bed and not get out of bed! Why don't you listen?"

Shen Mian laughed, "Why should I pay attention to what those quack doctors say?"

"You ignored the words of the imperial physician, and even ignored the words of the prince? If that gentleman saw this, he would be angry with you. Why do you have to irritate him?" As he said this, he went to get a fox fur coat and put it on his shoulders, saying, "Master, take the medicine quickly."