8.18 - Retrieve

Moving there so soon was not in Shen Mian's plan. He originally wanted to keep Sheng Rong hanging for two more days, but he was too tired at the moment and didn't want to bother with the idea, so he just agreed obediently.

  He leaned his head on Sheng Rong's shoulder, closed his eyes lightly, and let his consciousness drift away inch by inch.

  Sheng Rong lowered his eyes and looked at his sleeping face. His shoulders stiffened slightly for a moment, and he adjusted his posture slightly so that he wouldn't feel uncomfortable leaning against him.

  Gently closing his arms and hugging the person tighter, Sheng Rong walked downstairs steadily. He did not live here, but in the house across the courtyard. It was quieter than the main house. Sheng Hong gave the order personally, as he did not want any blind people to disturb his brother's rest.

  When the servants saw Sheng Rong, they naturally greeted him. Sheng Rong just nodded indifferently. He had always been a cold person. Even if the servants had rarely seen him, they had heard of him. Naturally, they would not be stupid enough to go up to him and provoke him. But they couldn't help but wonder in their hearts, and they didn't understand what was going on so early in the morning.

  No one dared to ask, but Shen Mian became alert. He opened his eyes narrowly and saw that his windbreaker covered his calves, with his delicate white ankles exposed. The dense kiss marks extended from his calves to his smooth insteps. It was beautiful, but it was really tempting. No wonder the servants all lowered their heads along the way, wishing their eyes grew on the ground.

  "Wait, wait." He gently tugged at Sheng Rong's collar.

  "What's wrong?" Sheng Rong lowered his eyes and looked at him.

  Shen Mian lowered his voice and whispered in his ear: "Send me back, immediately."

  The man paused slightly, but did not stop, and asked, "Why."

  Shen Mian said patiently: "What do you think others will think when they see you and me like this? If I really go with you, I will never be able to explain it."

  Sheng Rong said: "Then don't explain."

  Shen Mian said: "Yes, of course you don't have to explain anything to others. You are Sheng Rong, the second master of the Sheng family. Everyone is afraid of you and wary of you. Who dares to ask you for a crime? But I am different. I have no power and no reputation. No matter who sees it, I am shamelessly seducing you. Although I don't care what others think of me, I have to take care of Yaoyao. After all, he is still young and can't deal with the malice of the outside world very well. If he gets hurt..."

  Sheng Rong said in a deep voice: "No one will hurt him, and no one can hurt you, I promise you."

  "I know they can't hurt me, but what people say can be scary, you know."

  Sheng Rong shook his head and said, "I don't understand. You are not even afraid of a monster like me. What would you be afraid of?"

  Shen Mian frowned and said, "First of all, you are not a monster, you are just different from others. Everyone in this world is different from others, so they have no right to judge you." He slowed down his tone and said softly, "Besides, I am not afraid of anyone, but I am staying at the Sheng family as a guest after all, so I should behave myself and not get involved."

  Sheng Rong finally stopped.

  In the early morning, there was no servant in the courtyard, and a few drops of fresh dew were still on the branches and leaves of the precious flowers nearby.