8.12 - Monster

Sheng Ziyao was naturally very happy when he found out that he had superpowers. He was quite restrained when Sheng Rong was around, but as soon as they left, he immediately pulled his father to show his little spark, and said: "When I grow up, I will become a big spark!"

  Shen Mian felt very worried because people with special abilities would not become stronger as they get older, but he did not dare to tell the truth, for fear that the child would cry in front of him.

  He had seen quite a few people with special abilities. Although there were few people of Sheng Ziyao's age, there were still some who were eight, nine, or ten years old. No matter how young they were, a person with special abilities was a person with special abilities. The strength of the person had nothing to do with age. The lowest level was a level one person, but how could a level one person be so weak?

  Shen Mian suspected that Sheng Rong had deceived him, but he had no evidence.

  The child was very excited, clenched his fist and said, "Dad, when I grow up, I will protect you. I will become as strong as Uncle Sheng!"

  Shen Mian touched his little head, feeling both relieved and sad, and finally just said, "Silly boy."

  I don't know if your father can live to see that time.

  He was not so optimistic about the future. He understood what Sheng Tianze said to him. He certainly would not hate Sheng Rong for what he did to Xu Mu, because he was not Xu Mu after all, and could not empathize with the original owner's experience. But it was hard to say whether Sheng Rong would treat him as the original owner.

  That person was overly cold to him from the beginning.

  If in the end, Sheng Rong still wanted to drive him away, he couldn't just refuse to leave. No matter how miserable his life was, he couldn't really be humble.

  What's more, he has subconsciously determined that Sheng Ziyao is Sheng Tianze's child. The facial features of the two are too similar, and given their seniority, there is an insurmountable gap between him and that man.

  He was just getting worried when the kid pulled at his sleeve and shouted, "Dad, look! It's brighter than before!"

  In the darkness, a faint blue electric light flashed on the child's fingertips, illuminating the faces of the two people. Shen Mian was slightly stunned and responded with a "yes", with a smile on his lips.

  Regardless of whether this "superpower" is useful or not, it is at least very beautiful.

  He did not regret becoming the child's father. If he had not woken up that day, Sheng Ziyao might have starved to death, and he did not know how he would have gotten through that difficult period.

  He was very grateful for this encounter and he was willing to be a good father to this child.

  -

  As Shen Mian expected, before dawn the next day, Sheng Rong had already asked people to pack their luggage and set off.

  They had been in City Z for no more than half a month, but they had obtained the Level 5 crystal core coveted by all the psychics in this city and even in the surrounding areas. Naturally, this had offended some people. Not many people dared to go against the Sheng family, but some desperate criminals liked to take risks, so it was hard to say whether they would take the risk to cause trouble.

  A high-level psychic like Lu Hai will notice within a day that the energy fluctuations of the level 5 zombies are disappearing from the city. Leaving before that will save a lot of trouble.