Extra 17: Puzzled

East Palace.

Several palace servants huddled together and whispered, "Some of those on duty said that the prince left the East Palace at dawn today, still wearing the same clothes as yesterday. Could it be that he stayed in the bedroom last night?"

"That's really strange. Your Highness is neither a woman nor a man. Even if he stayed overnight, so what? The affairs of the previous dynasty were all handled by the prince. If there is an important matter, it is normal for him to discuss it with Your Highness."

"That being said, who in the world can be more beautiful than our Crown Prince? Even though he is so ill, he still has a beautiful figure like a god! Who wouldn't be tempted? Besides, his health is getting worse and worse, and he is being kept alive by medicine. How can he discuss state affairs for a whole night?"

"No wonder the prince is so cunning, yet he still has such a deep love for His Highness. But it turns out..."

As they were talking, they suddenly heard a sneer from behind. Several people turned around and immediately knelt down.

Fugui's face was livid, and he was holding a cup of freshly brewed medicine in his hand. Behind him were several imperial guards. Now, all the prince's medicine was escorted by the imperial guards from the Imperial Hospital all the way to the Eastern Palace to avoid any mistakes in the middle.

"Eunuch, I shouldn't talk nonsense. I won't dare to do it again..."

"Yes, eunuch, I will never dare to do it again. Please forgive me this time!"

"Please spare me, eunuch! Please spare me, eunuch!..."

Several people knelt on the bed and begged for mercy.

"Shut up your mouth, the master is in a state of rest and must not make noise."

The imperial guards immediately stepped forward to cover the mouths of the palace servants.

Fugui was holding the freshly brewed medicine in his hand, his face livid: "I was wondering who it was. The palace servants serving in the palace were just replaced a few days ago. The new ones are all well-behaved, but it turned out to be you old guys. You relied on the master's generosity and became more and more unruly. You even dared to chew on the master's tongue! There is no need to repent. Just drag him to the palace and beat him to death. Such dirty things cannot be heard by the master."

The guards took the order and carried it out efficiently.

The other palace servants didn't know what they had done wrong, they only knew that they had gossiped about the prince and were therefore executed. They were so frightened that their legs and feet went limp, and they dared not utter a word.

Fugui entered the hall alone, opened the gauze curtain, and called softly in front of the couch: "Master, it's time to use the medicine."

"I just fell asleep, how come it's already dawn?" Shen Mian muttered, the quilt on his shoulders slipped off, a snow-white arm stretched out from the quilt, and he yawned lazily.

He opened his eyelids, only to see Fugui's face flushed red, standing blankly in front of the couch, not knowing where to look.

He deliberately snorted and laughed: "What's wrong? Is it so hot in the room?"

Fugui shook his head, put the medicine bowl aside, took a piece of clothing and put it on him, without saying a word.

Shen Mian glanced at his shoulders and saw glaring red marks all over his arms, and he was quite satisfied. After being a vegetarian for several months, this level was far from enough, and he wanted more, but Lu Chen took care of his body and didn't agree.