Extra 21: Gu Yanzhi

Over the past hundred years, there have been many rumors about the god who protects the people of Dajin. There have been "miracles" left in various places. For example, the master left a medicine bowl when he drove out the plague in the southern border, left an oil-paper umbrella when he brought rain during the drought in Muzhou, and dropped a cloak when he eradicated the locust plague in the northwest. All of these things are treasured and enshrined in local Buddhist temples. It is said that they still have residual spiritual energy and can ward off evil and eliminate disasters.

People in the world are not all fools. These rumors have always been difficult to distinguish between true and false. No one would seriously believe that the master would hold an umbrella when directing water or put on a cloak when killing locusts. The so-called "miracle" is just deceiving oneself.

People knew clearly that the real miracle only existed in the forbidden area of ​​Nanshan Temple in Shangjing City.

There have always been rumors about forbidden areas. People are curious, and when curiosity outweighs awe, they will do extraordinary things. However, in front of the omniscient and omnipotent gods and Buddhas, there are very few people whose curiosity outweighs their awe.

Therefore, only very few people in the world know that the so-called "forbidden land" not only has no restrictions and no one guarding it, but also has mythical beasts lingering there. Anyone can come and go as they please, because they have always regarded themselves as just passers-by in the world, and naturally they will not think that a certain place belongs to them alone and others cannot set foot there.

Calling it a "forbidden area" is just a statement made by the senior monks of Nanshan Temple to the outside world, for fear that someone might disturb the founder's Zen enlightenment.

Over the past hundred years, among those who accidentally entered the forbidden area, some took a look at the scenery and left in boredom, some met the person by chance and gained a few words from him that benefited them for the rest of their lives, and there were a few individuals who had a good impression of the person and had similar personalities and were invited to be guests.

Lu Chen is one of those "very few individuals".

Within the forbidden area.

The shadow guard held up a paper umbrella to block the falling snowflakes from his eyes, and asked respectfully, "What do you mean, sir, is that Prince Jing and Master Wuchen are old friends?"

Gu Yanzhi said: "He can probably be considered both a teacher and a friend."

"Even so, we cannot conclude that His Royal Highness the Crown Prince is in the forbidden area..."

Gu Yanzhi shook his head and stepped into the pavilion. There was an unfinished chess game on the stone table.

He picked up a black piece, looked at the chessboard, and said calmly: "Cheng Xin is not in the palace. With Lu Chen's temper, he will never entrust him to others casually, unless he trusts someone very much, or when he has no other choice, he has no choice but to entrust him to that person. Now that he has stood at the pinnacle of power, he is still helpless, so he can only entrust him to that person."

"But... after all, we are trespassing in a forbidden area. If Master Wuchen is unhappy, then he will be against me..."

"You are just some grass on the wall. Although I respect the master, he hid my people. I must ask him to return them. Even if he is a saint, there is no reason to hide other people's treasures."

Shadow Guard knew very well that his son was a man of unpredictable moods and a very strange temperament. No matter how much he persuaded, it would be difficult to make him change his mind. However, as a person from Dajin, he more or less respected and feared this man from Nanshan Temple.